PDA

View Full Version : Help Please

MCS Lawn Care
02-27-2006, 10:39 PM
Has or does anyone make adds for newspapers if i give them the sizes needed. ANy info would be great. I just got some additional funding but the dead line is WED at noon.

chris

sheshovel
02-27-2006, 10:44 PM
I have no idea what you are asking for

mow2nd
02-28-2006, 01:06 AM
phone books and newspapers are a waste of time, DONT DO IT

cwlawley
02-28-2006, 01:19 AM
phone books and newspapers are a waste of time, DONT DO IT

WRONG! They may not work for you but they do work for some. We do newspaper ads almost all season and we get more work from that then any other medium. Also, phone book ads, as mentioned on this forum numerous times have been beneficial to a some wanting to expand to commerical accounts.

Don't give bad advice...and if you do back it up.

befnme
02-28-2006, 01:33 AM
WRONG! They may not work for you but they do work for some. We do newspaper ads almost all season and we get more work from that then any other medium. Also, phone book ads, as mentioned on this forum numerous times have been beneficial to a some wanting to expand to commerical accounts.

Don't give bad advice...and if you do back it up.

around here a 2 line ad in the yellowpages with no more than your name and number only run like 8 to 10 bucks per month .and the way i see it if no one knows your there you aint gonna get any calls. splurge a little and spend the dough.

MCS Lawn Care
02-28-2006, 09:33 AM
what i was looking for an example of what you did for the paper im not very good at the creative side of marketing.

chris

daveintoledo
02-28-2006, 09:47 AM
call the paper , they will lay out the ad for you....

jhoneycutt
02-28-2006, 10:21 AM
I put an ad in the paper last year and got great results! hummm.. Charlotte must be worse than I thought it was. I seen mow2nd prices and I do this part-time and I wouldn't even drive to the house for that. YES PUT AN AD IN THE PAPER