PDA

View Full Version : tank sprayer or convert z plugger to a sprayer

ant
02-27-2006, 10:33 PM
in the past i would applicate glandular merit but due to cost i am looking into switching to merit 75wp.
i am stuck between a rock and a hard place

1. do i buy a tank sprayer?(my perm-a-green wont spray merit)

2. do i convert my z plugger into a sprayer/spreader (need to find out if it will spray merit):drinkup: any of you z spray owners spray mert 75wp out if it:drinkup:

3.if the LT rich sprayer works replace my perm-a-green sprayer with a z spray.. (kill 2 birds with one stone)

i could use it for fungicides also..

or maybe i might be better off with a tank sprayer but if the Z works foe a few more grand i could be on a z spray..
any thoughts?

indyturf
02-27-2006, 10:42 PM
I would lean toward converting the z plugger, I have looked into getting one in the future but I would have to get the spreader sprayer attachments. as much as you pay for one I wouldn't want it sitting around too much!

James Cormier
02-28-2006, 06:00 AM
Ant, Are you sure wsp is going to be cheaper then granular? Especially if you got to buy new equipment to do this, that must be considered in the cost of the wsp.

Every time I do my budget for grub apps, the fert with merit always comes out the most efficient and by far the least expensive way to apply.

sclawndr
03-01-2006, 09:12 AM
Lesco sells a granular 0-0-7 with merit that spreads very easily out of the PG units and it'll work a lot better than the liquid version. Put it out in May/June and you get chinch bug suppression too.