PDA

View Full Version : crab grass

jhoneycutt
02-27-2006, 11:25 PM
asked before and no answer... cust. wants to get rid of crab grass, what should I do. they want to start over should I do it in the spring or wait till fall, over seed now fill later or what. #2- I sprayed a yard in the fall, seeded it and it did good some thin spots should I go ahead and re seed the whole yard or just the spots. (also should I fert. it) thx

MJLsLawnCareNmoreLLC
02-27-2006, 11:32 PM
What kind of turfgrass?

You shouldnt have a crab grass problem right now anyway. Once the first frost hits, all the crab grass dies. Thats probably why you thought the spraying you did in the fall did "good in some spots".

Richard Martin
02-28-2006, 08:18 AM
I would do the normal Pre-ems during the course of this season and then slit-seed in late September.

UrbanCowboy
02-28-2006, 07:29 PM
What did you spray the yard with in the fall? Do not use preemergent in spring if you seeded in the fall. Slice seed the yard in 2 opposite directions and then fertilize heavy with a good started fert. Follow up with an aggressive aeration in fall. Worry about crabgrass then with Drive 75DF or use barricade the following spring.

befnme
02-28-2006, 08:25 PM
asked before and no answer... cust. wants to get rid of crab grass, what should I do. they want to start over should I do it in the spring or wait till fall, over seed now fill later or what. #2- I sprayed a yard in the fall, seeded it and it did good some thin spots should I go ahead and re seed the whole yard or just the spots. (also should I fert. it) thx

in salisbury you prob have centipede right ? pre-e use team ,team pro or dimension .

jhoneycutt
02-28-2006, 09:27 PM
Thanks guys for tha advice