PDA

View Full Version : Turning Over Used Equipment

4LLAWNSINC
02-28-2006, 01:02 AM
We have all been at a point with a blower, weedeater or other small piece of equipment when it is better to buy a new one than dump money into fixing it. When it comes to mowers- when is it time to let them go? When is the best time to sell them off used when you can still get some $ out of them, and update your arsenal with a new machine? How can you estimate what a used mower is worth?

burns60
02-28-2006, 01:30 AM
We have all been at a point with a blower, weedeater or other small piece of equipment when it is better to buy a new one than dump money into fixing it. When it comes to mowers- when is it time to let them go? When is the best time to sell them off used when you can still get some $ out of them, and update your arsenal with a new machine? How can you estimate what a used mower is worth?

To me, if the equipment is sitting idle most of the time, and you don't need it as a back-up to another mower, then it is time to see what you can get for it.

I would think now would be a good time to get rid of it for the obvious reasons.

As far as estimating what it is worth is tricky at best. The value and what you actually get may vary a great deal. You know what you paid, and equally important how you have kept it serviced and the condition it is in. I would be very careful about pricing too low. You never know what the market may be for a used mower, but once you put your price on it you can't go up.

Good luck. I have one that I am considering a new home for also.

How about it? Anyone else got some ideas about pricing used mowers.