PDA

View Full Version : Buying 56" Exmark Lazer HP

lasher66
02-28-2006, 12:53 PM
This Friday, my local dealer is having an open house with Exmark reps there. The dealer told me that I can negotiate prices with the reps and get a good deal. I am looking to get a Lazer Z HP 56" with 27Hp koeler, ultra vac, striping kit. I am very interested in this new Triton deck. Just wanted to know how much I can talk the reps down on prices? I think the mower is stickered at $8499 or somewhere in there. Thanks for any help given.

Jason

jtkplc
02-28-2006, 01:00 PM
My dealer lowers the price on each piece of equipment by $300 for their open house. So probably a little more than that, depending on how good you are at negotiating and how much leverage you have with previous purchases and repairs.

NEPSJay
02-28-2006, 01:35 PM
I'm curious..... Why an HP w/ 56" and not a full size Z with a 60? only a 4" difference. My thinking is that for a few bucks more, the resale might be higher on the full size vs. the HP. Just a thought.

John Gamba
02-28-2006, 02:01 PM
I'm curious..... Why an HP w/ 56" and not a full size Z with a 60? only a 4" difference. My thinking is that for a few bucks more, the resale might be higher on the full size vs. the HP. Just a thought.

The 56" Lazer-HP will have a better trim side then the 60" Lazer. Now the 66" Lazer will have a great trim side instead of the 60" deck.

NEPSJay
02-28-2006, 03:33 PM
oh ok...... good answer, makes sence

gqnine44
02-28-2006, 05:28 PM
I love my HP and am buying another but I would save your money on the Ultravac. It one of the few purchases I regret. It sucks - and not in the way it should.:)

John Gamba
02-28-2006, 05:38 PM
but I would save your money on the Ultravac. It one of the few purchases I regret. It sucks - and not in the way it should.:)

Why:confused:

lasher66
02-28-2006, 05:40 PM
I love my HP and am buying another but I would save your money on the Ultravac. It one of the few purchases I regret. It sucks - and not in the way it should.:)

Why does it suck? I heard good things about it. If its the grass clogging, I think all vacs clog with heavy wet grass. Do you have a vac system that is better? Also, what horse power are you running? I am getting the 27 hp which should have no problem running the vac system.

Jason

lawnmaniac883
02-28-2006, 07:18 PM
The 56" Lazer-HP will have a better trim side then the 60" Lazer. Now the 66" Lazer will have a great trim side instead of the 60" deck.

Hah, have you seen the trim side on a 72'' XS :eek: :eek: :eek:
Was at my dealer getting some misc items today and they had one on the floor. All I can say is WOW that is the biggest mower I have seen in my life. Wish I had one in my own arsenal :cool:

bigjeeping
02-28-2006, 08:51 PM
Gamba - Im also picking up the 56" HP w/ the 27HP Kohler.. looks like an AWESOME machine. What do you mean by "better trim side"?

jtkplc
02-28-2006, 09:02 PM
Gamba - Im also picking up the 56" HP w/ the 27HP Kohler.. looks like an AWESOME machine. What do you mean by "better trim side"?

He means how far the left side of the deck sticks out past the tires.

6'7 330
02-28-2006, 09:36 PM

Our Ultra-Vac's have performed excellent.We use the Ultra-Vacs for leaves in the fall. The bags pack full and tight,and wet leaves bag good.No bagging system out won't sometimes plug in thoroughly saturated wet conditions.

mslawn
02-28-2006, 09:50 PM
Hah, have you seen the trim side on a 72'' XS :eek: :eek: :eek:
Was at my dealer getting some misc items today and they had one on the floor. All I can say is WOW that is the biggest mower I have seen in my life. Wish I had one in my own arsenal :cool:

Here is one-
Picture 039.jpg (109.5 KB)

Blessed 1
03-01-2006, 12:24 AM
On Pro Day here they are marked down 10%.

John Gamba
03-01-2006, 06:13 AM
Here is one-
Picture 039.jpg (109.5 KB)

wait till you see the 72 TRiton deck on the xs:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

gqnine44
03-01-2006, 09:34 AM
Why does it suck? I heard good things about it. If its the grass clogging, I think all vacs clog with heavy wet grass. Do you have a vac system that is better? Also, what horse power are you running? I am getting the 27 hp which should have no problem running the vac system.

Jason

I think the Ultravac would work good on a full size lazer but the HPs have a smaller tube that clogs as soon as the bag gets full and it doesnt take long to fill the bag. So my problems with it are:
1. Clogging Tube (I dont think this problem would exist with a full-size Z)
2. Limited Capacity (it will almost instantly clog upon running over a dense pile of leaves)
3. Blow-Out (I did order the anti-blow-out kit but didnt get it installed before we finished leaves so I dont know if it will help or not.)
4. Price. Mine was just a little shy of 2k with tax and the accessories.

John Gamba
03-01-2006, 09:39 AM
I think the Ultravac would work good on a full size lazer but the HPs have a smaller tube that clogs as soon as the bag gets full and it doesnt take long to fill the bag. So my problems with it are:
1. Clogging Tube (I dont think this problem would exist with a full-size Z)
2. Limited Capacity (it will almost instantly clog upon running over a dense pile of leaves)
3. Blow-Out (I did order the anti-blow-out kit but didnt get it installed before we finished leaves so I dont know if it will help or not.)
4. Price. Mine was just a little shy of 2k with tax and the accessories.

#1 Any baggers tube will clog if the bags are full.

#2 I can see you have limited experience with leave removal. Any bagger will fill quickly going over thick leaves.

#3 Yes it will help alot.

#4 almost all power baggers cost 2,000.

gqnine44
03-01-2006, 10:55 AM
[QUOTE=John Gamba#2 I can see you have limited experience with leave removal. Any bagger will fill quickly going over thick leaves.[/QUOTE]

I said "Clog" not "Fill". It is one thing to have it fill but to have the little tube clog and have to take it off and unclog it is a major pain.

Glad to hear the blow-out kit will help out.

John Gamba
03-01-2006, 11:33 AM
[QUOTE=gqnine44]as the bag gets full

QUOTE]

I went off of this

TLS
03-01-2006, 04:41 PM
The Ultra-Vac is a well designed system. It DOES suck some power. My 27hp LC Kawi KNOWS its there! You really don't get suction out of it. It more or less just pushes the leaves/grass up the tube.

Yes the bags fill quick. 2 bag units would fill even quicker.

The anti-blowout baffle works GREAT! As soon as leaves start to fall, mine goes on (baffle). It stays on in the Spring until all lawns are cut twice. Then it's off till the following fall.

Trim side is important to me. John, are you saying the new Triton 60"ers have LESS trim side than the old 60" Ultra-Cut decks? I heard they kick it over a bit on the XS's.

Wish they would offer a 28hp EFI on that 56" HP....that would be sweet!

lasher66
03-01-2006, 05:01 PM
Well, currently I am running a Hasy Vac with a independent motor on it. It only has 2 30gal can on the back. So the amount of the 2 bag ultra vac is probably about the same as my current setup. I just hope i am not dealing with major problems trying to suck the grass up in the spring time when there is 4 to 5 inches of growth and a little wet underneath. With my current system, as long as I cut slow through the thicker taller grass, then I dont have any probs. The external motor is a pain though and nothing but probs. My welds keep breaking from all the weight bouncing on the back, its causing the motor on my Bunton ZTR to run crappy because of the heat and exhaust from the vac motor making it run hot. So I am just hoping for a vac system that is better than what I am dealing with.

Jason

John Gamba
03-01-2006, 05:42 PM
[QUOTE=TLS]
Trim side is important to me. John, are you saying the new Triton 60"ers have LESS trim side than the old 60" Ultra-Cut decks? I heard they kick it over a bit on the XS's.

QUOTE]

The Lazer with the 60" ultracut deck really has no trim side. If you go up to the 66" triton you will have another 3" on each side.