PDA

View Full Version : Lawn Equipment list for bids

POPO4995
02-28-2006, 04:28 PM
I was wondering if anyone has sample's of their Equipment Lists that they submit for bids. I am bidding on a very large industrial park for complete grounds maintenance and they, of course, want a list of equipment used. I have a list but dont know if it "has the image" for what theyre looking for. Could anyone help me into getting this in order for the bid submission??

Also this bid is for everything from mowing, mulching, shrub trimming, spring and fall cleanups, weed control, etc. What is the best way to bid this.....seasonal contract?

Also, what should I charge per hour for all the extra work besides mowing?? I will try to post some pics. Thanks everyone!:usflag:

beautifullawns
02-28-2006, 08:24 PM
I just made a simple list of all of our equipment that could be used on their property. They just want to make sure if you get it you have the stuff to do the job with.

deereman
02-28-2006, 09:17 PM
What is wrong with your list that you have now? You can service some serious grounds with the equipment that you have listed there.

LwnmwrMan22
02-28-2006, 10:08 PM
I was wondering if anyone has sample's of their Equipment Lists that they submit for bids. I am bidding on a very large industrial park for complete grounds maintenance and they, of course, want a list of equipment used. I have a list but dont know if it "has the image" for what theyre looking for. Could anyone help me into getting this in order for the bid submission??

Also this bid is for everything from mowing, mulching, shrub trimming, spring and fall cleanups, weed control, etc. What is the best way to bid this.....seasonal contract?

Also, what should I charge per hour for all the extra work besides mowing?? I will try to post some pics. Thanks everyone!:usflag:

Just type up your list and submit it.

As for seasonal contract, figure out how much you want to do each "job" for the set number of times, add it all up and divide by however many months you're going to perform the work over. Flat fee whether it rains or not.

Personally, I'll give a 5-10% discount for a seasonal contract, since usually there's 2-3 weeks where there's no mowing because of dry weather anyways.

PaulJ
03-01-2006, 06:49 PM
Why should a customer need an equipment list. Do they ask a plumber or electrition for a list of their tools? I hate it when a customer commmercial or not Whants to know what kind of mower do you use. I just tell them I use commercial equipment suited for the job.

DLCS
03-01-2006, 07:02 PM
Why should a customer need an equipment list. Do they ask a plumber or electrition for a list of their tools? I hate it when a customer commmercial or not Whants to know what kind of mower do you use. I just tell them I use commercial equipment suited for the job.

Usually when they ask what kind of mower that you will use, its because the last guy tore up their lawn with the wrong equipment. I can't really blame them in that respect.

LwnmwrMan22
03-01-2006, 07:38 PM
Usually when they ask what kind of mower that you will use, its because the last guy tore up their lawn with the wrong equipment. I can't really blame them in that respect.

Either that, or they've got 70 acres of turf, and a guy lowballed and tried to do it with (2) 52" standers.

That's what happened the first 2 times the bid went out for the school district that I do, then the school got smart and made everyone submit an equipment list.

I guess it still doesn't make any sense in a way though, I put 15' WAM purchase dependant on acquisition of this property, and I suppose I could have tried to do the maintenance without it.

zmowing
03-01-2006, 08:05 PM
Equipment list is only what you have now, not what you'll buy if you get this contract. Here's the deal. If you don't have it don't list it.you'll get burnt

ed2hess
03-01-2006, 09:24 PM
You need to get the bid package from them so you undertand what you need to put in the bid. For example flowers and mulch and irrigation etc. may be seperate items. You don't want to beef up the bid unless all the other guys bidding are doing the same. TG includes the mininmum all the other stuff is extra. And many places want to see the equipment and sometimes ask for number of employees. And this is likely a 12 month bid.

cush
03-01-2006, 09:46 PM
Are they going to come by and look at the equipment, if not why as for a potentialy ficticious list?

AintNoFun
03-01-2006, 10:58 PM
when i first started when i had just a rider and a couple of walkbehinds and property managers used to ask me this question, boy did I trump up a list of equipment I DIDNT have.. i used to go as far as putting down phoney serial numbers, looked real good... lol, no one ever questioned it, thank god..

Are they going to come by and look at the equipment, if not why as for a potentialy ficticious list?

POPO4995
03-01-2006, 11:07 PM
I have the equipment, no doubt about that. Just wonderin what evryone else does.:clapping:

zmowing
03-02-2006, 06:44 PM
Some will check out you equipment, most won't. Why list it if you don't have it?

cantoo
03-02-2006, 09:36 PM
A commercial bid we did one time asked for descriptions of all equipment to be used on the property along with pictures. If you won the bid a visit to your site was made to check the equipment before you were awarded it. I had mid mount machines and they wanted tractor and 6' 3 pth mowers. They called me to say my equipment wasn't what they wanted. It was for some school properties the mid mount would have been better, faster and better cut quality. After a heated discussion with the school Trustee he told me to never bother bidding them again. I was just tring to explain that the midmounts would be faster adn therefore cheaper for them. It was an hourly bid. moron.