PDA

View Full Version : stick edger blades...

nobagger
02-28-2006, 05:49 PM
I saw a ad where they were selling "sharpend" and "non-sharpend" stick edger blades. You could easily tell the difference between the two, the sharpend one had both edges sharpend and the non sharpend ones were just your basic flat blade. I had no idea they came sharpend. Does any one use or sharpen their stick edger blades?

jsf343
02-28-2006, 06:38 PM
I was using the non sharpened and was not liking the cut. I could not find any sharpened for Sthil so I sharpened a few myself to expierment with.
Will not go back. I like how it whips right through everything and gives a nice clean cut. I don't mind the wide non sharpened blades, they do a pretty nice job as well. If I had to choose though, the sharpened ones are better. Hope you are able to understand something out of this jumbled reply:hammerhead:

MMLawn
02-28-2006, 07:13 PM
I like the sharpened ones as they cut much better, my Shin edgers came with them when new but they are $3.50 each here in 50 count bulk and we go through 6-8 a week on 6 edgers so I opt out for the plain ones at .89 each in 50 bulk.

Maybe if we got a couple folks on here together and buy say 1,000 or 2,000 we could get the sharpened ones cheaper? If so I'd be in for 250-500