PDA

View Full Version : What To Do????

Bobcat s250 NY
02-28-2006, 07:13 PM
Hey guys,
I am trying to get ready for the upcoming season and i cannot decide on which blades i am going to purchase for my 14 " wet saws as well as my cutoff saws. If possible can you guys give a few suggestions on what you use and what not to use? Company and model names would be greatly appreciated. The price really isnt an issue if it lasts. Last year it seemed like it didnt matter what i would put in the cutoffs. If the blade was $80 or $200 they wore out soooooooo fast. That being the case have any of you ever tried any blades from ebay? The blades i used in my wet saws were by MQ i believe they were something like diamond back but i dont remember and cant find them anywhere. That blade cost about $275. Thanks in advance for your time. :usflag: :waving:

BTW it seemed like the blades went faster when cutting Techo. Anybody else experience this?:cool2:

Edgewater
02-28-2006, 07:19 PM
I am not a big hardscape op by any stretch, but have used a few blades. We have a local munufactuer that is called CM. There blades are good. I have used a few now on cut offs and they do well.

I don't know if they have a distributor near you, but they are resonable ($190 canadian for a 12 inch cutoff).

Adam

bigviclbi
02-28-2006, 07:35 PM
I get a 5 pack of Target blades(ths manufacturer of cut off saws) 5 pack $250.00. They last just as long as any others I have tried. Its a great deal, do you have Clayton Block near you? Thats where I get mine.

WildLake
02-28-2006, 08:19 PM
Diamond products Core cut. We use the orange ones. The are expensive but of the highest diamond content and will outlast any homedepot blade by many many times. You will not be disapointed. We came across these at a rental yard and had no choice but spend the $360 for it(needed a blade fast). One of the best buys in a long time.

treedoc1
02-28-2006, 08:23 PM
http://www.gardenstatediamond.com/

great prices, great quality for me.

mrusk
02-28-2006, 08:46 PM
http://www.gardenstatediamond.com/

great prices, great quality for me.

Best blades out there!! I think i got 2 blades ship to me for 225.

jreiff
02-28-2006, 09:46 PM
What do you guys do with the blades when you are done with them?

Bobcat s250 NY
02-28-2006, 10:11 PM
Best blades out there!! I think i got 2 blades ship to me for 225.

Which blade do you order from them???

Also if you guys are cutting pavers in place do you use a 12 inch or a 14 inch? I always found it easier to cut with a 14. Seems like you can see better with the larger blade in the saw. I need to find a place to order from because everything up here on the Island everything is extremely overpriced. I think they just pull prices out of their asses. it doesnt matter what blade u ask for its always $300:hammerhead:

Rex Mann
02-28-2006, 10:13 PM
We have been using Diamond Products blades. Trade name is Core Cut. We use the heavy duty orange turbo blades in 14,12 and 10-inch sizes. The 14s we pay 225.00. We have used them for 11-years. Have only had one problem with one blade, and they just gave me a new one, no prorating involved. I have those diamond blade salesmen call me all the time. You can not even get a word in edgewise to tell them no. I saw: "send me a blade, if it works out and it quality like you claim I'll pay you for it, otherwise I am sending it back to you and I do not have to pay for it"

I have yet to find a blade that is the same value as the Core Cuts.

Peace,

http://ArizonaPavers.Com

cgland
02-28-2006, 10:44 PM
Techo -Bloc is a more dense paver, thus it will wear blades faster. we use Diamond Blade Warehouse's "Tornado" It runs around $175-$190

Chris

UNISCAPER
03-01-2006, 12:53 AM
Joe Wizzard at Garden State Diamond is who we use. Best service out there....We do alot of driveway cutting and quilting brick into the control joints so there is usually #3 or 4 rebar in the drive we end up cutting.

For pavers, most of them are tumbled so we use a splitter I made which can break as little as an inch very clean.

kris
03-01-2006, 06:02 AM
I find it really hard to measure how good blades really are. If you aren't using them yourself you never know for sure if it is from an unskilled operator that leads to there early demise.
I've bought blades from all over the price range and I haven't found that blades that cost twice as much last twice as long.
I met a guy in Toronto ... a Chinese guy that brings them in from China. Seems allot are made there anyway with different names slapped on them. I can't remember the trade name on them. He seemed helpful and I told him I would give them a try.... 14" at 100 a piece. 10% off and free shipping if I bought a dozen. He shipped a dozen out yesterday ... all I can tell you is I'll let you know.

Bobcat s250 NY
03-01-2006, 10:17 AM
Thanks for the replies . I guess im going to purchase a core cut orange, a tornado from Diamond Blade Warehouse, and see what the difference is .

Also i was looking into getting some magnesium or aluminum screed boards this year. What am i looking at for lets say a 4', 6, and an 8'? I just need a ballpark # before i go and talk to my welding guy. Thanks Again:usflag: