PDA

View Full Version : Where to order parts?

TXLAWNBOY
02-28-2006, 06:32 PM
I was just wondering where most of you who do your own repairs order your parts from? I have ordered from J-Thomas in the past and have no complaints about them but it never hurts to "shop around" to find out if there are better deals out there.

Thanks

TomB
02-28-2006, 06:52 PM
Try your local dealer. You might find you'll have a better relationship with him if your not trying to screw him out of every nickle.

TXLAWNBOY
02-28-2006, 07:54 PM
Try your local dealer. You might find you'll have a better relationship with him if your not trying to screw him out of every nickle.
For your info I have a fine relationship w/my dealer and I'm not trying to screw him out of every nickle. Everyone has reasoning for doing things certain ways, just like I have a reason for ordering parts and repairing my own equipment.

I don't post alot on here or ask alot of questions because it seems like everytime I ask a qusetion people make comments like above instead of giving good feedback I thought the whole reason this site was here was to help eachother out.:angry:

HenryB
02-28-2006, 07:59 PM
When your local dealer wants $60 for a belt that J. Thomas sells for $15 who's screwing who.

B&D Lawn Care
02-28-2006, 08:01 PM
I order a lot of mine thru www.mowtownusa.com. I have found he's pretty reasonable. Plus if I don't need it today I there ain't nothing wrong w/ saving some cash.

TXLAWNBOY
02-28-2006, 08:08 PM
Most of the time my dealer doesn't have the parts in stock and I can order them myself and have them cheaper and faster than he can.

Birdjr
02-28-2006, 08:19 PM
check out jthomas they have really good prices

Signature Landscaping1
02-28-2006, 08:54 PM
MowMore, fast and reliiable

CuttinUP
02-28-2006, 09:05 PM
MOWMORE, They have everything under the sun and at great prices!! Just my 2 cents

jondcoleman
03-01-2006, 09:09 AM
I have recently started ordering from Russo Power Equipment. Their website isn't too slick but if you call and order they are really helpful and I have found that they have almost everything I need in stock.

www.russopower.com

Jon Coleman
CLIP Lawn Care
Maryland, USA

DFW Area Landscaper
03-01-2006, 11:59 AM
I have been 100% loyal to my dealer. Bought everything I own from this guy. All in all, I would say he takes pretty good care of me.

The problem is, here lately, I think he's started to classify me as a high margin client. He quoted me $1029 for a mower and then a few days ago I was in there and his salesman quoted a guy off the street $979 for the same machine.

You will go broke if you are 100% loyal to the dealer on everything you buy, especially the consumables. My dealer is ridiculously high on oil and oil filters. No way do I buy those things from him.

Last week it was mower blades. I needed 25 pairs of blades for the Hondas. He "discounted" the price to $11.50 per blade. I got them from a dealer I found on the internet for $6.xx each.

The biggest problem is, the manufacturers don't allow any of their dealers to sell parts on the internet. If the part is only made by the manufacturer, they have us by the balls.

Later,
DFW Area Landscaper