PDA

View Full Version : Geoweb Gravity Wall??

Stonehenge
04-21-2001, 01:16 AM
I'm working on a bid for what looks like 10,000 or so face feet of limestone retaining wall, and the specs call for the installation of geoweb cells behind the wall for reinforcement.

Anybody familiar with these? Any info and costs would be appreciated.

greens1
04-21-2001, 01:38 PM
I used geoweb on some storm drain flumes and it worked great. Their website is http://www.prestogeo.com

The person that I used for pricing and information in MI is:

Price and Company Inc.
Mark Cavanaugh
1-800-248-8230

He has proven to be a great asset in the past, with regards to the project. If he does not handle your area I am shure he can direct you to someone who can.

Good Luck,
Jim L

Guido
04-21-2001, 02:06 PM
Looks like some pretty intresting stuff.

Stone, if you end up using it let us know how it works out for you.

paul
04-22-2001, 11:31 AM
Stonehenge, this is a new one on me. I have seen it use along lakes and rivers, We have installed it on them but never used it as a geo-grid behind the wall. It sounds like an Intersting job:) What kind of limestone wall is it?

Stonehenge
04-22-2001, 07:08 PM
Paul, that's the funny part. The specs aren't very specific.

All they specify is limestone, each stone must have a face length 2x it's face height, it must be 24" deep, and each must weigh a minimum of 300#.

They say nothing about split-face, weathered face, irregular face, etc.

Further, there's no elevation drawing for the walls, and they'd sure be helpful, as these 5 walls will be BIG. Ballpark without much measuring, about 10,000 face feet.

So, as I understand the product (Thanks Greens1 for the info), and the job specs, they want a big Geoweb wall behind the actual stone wall.

This looks to be a monster.

paul
04-22-2001, 07:45 PM
Stonehenge sounds like outcropping stone :) random sizes

Neat walls to build, a good money maker:)
I figure you need 1650 tons thats a lot of wall:)