PDA

View Full Version : Triton Performance

mslawn
02-28-2006, 08:47 PM
Well, the new 66" triton did alright today, mainly cut weeds and some annual rye.
If you run the mulch kit be sure to pull front baffles DOWN, or it will blow out bad. Only put 1hr on it so time will tell.

It is the one on the left-

mslawn
02-28-2006, 08:49 PM
Side view-

mslawn
02-28-2006, 08:51 PM
Baffle lowered-

mulcahy mowing
02-28-2006, 09:01 PM
nice!!!! i like the fleet!

newz7151
02-28-2006, 09:30 PM
What in the heck is wrong with that gas tank on the 66 ?

jtkplc
02-28-2006, 10:04 PM
Sweet looking line of mowers you have. Those will knock out some serious grass. :cool2:

Got any more pics?

Envy Lawn Service
02-28-2006, 10:26 PM
Cool... I'm hoping for great things from the Triton deck.
Especially mulching capability.

Love the coned anti-scalp wheels.

mslawn
02-28-2006, 10:30 PM
What in the heck is wrong with that gas tank on the 66 ?

You might be looking at the muddy water slung up on the tank, it was wet today while trying it out on a couple of propertys.

mslawn
02-28-2006, 10:45 PM
Got any more pics?

Heres one of my tractor with gooseneck trailer in background, 60 and 32 metro on 10' trailer, 72 and 36 turf tracer on 16' trailer.

Envy Lawn Service
02-28-2006, 11:07 PM
Tight squeeze on the 72" LOL....

I think the other guy thinks the tank looks dented, probably in post #2.
Probably because he hasn't seen a big one in person and realized the contour in the tank.

newz7151
03-01-2006, 02:14 AM
Tight squeeze on the 72" LOL....

I think the other guy thinks the tank looks dented, probably in post #2.
Probably because he hasn't seen a big one in person and realized the contour in the tank.

More than I care to have to see...

But in that pic I thought maybe somebody had already run it into something and scratched up the side of that tank. But the muddy water stains would explain it too.

bigjeeping
03-09-2006, 09:41 AM
any new updates on the triton deck? I'll be picking up a new lazer hp at the end of the month!

John Gamba
03-09-2006, 09:49 AM
any new updates on the triton deck? I'll be picking up a new lazer hp at the end of the month!

What size:)

mslawn
03-09-2006, 08:48 PM
I cut some super thick wet annual ryegrass today with no problem, no clumping like my ultracut deck does. BTW-I am running a mulch kit.
So far I love it. It has a whole 8 hours on it so far.

Envy Lawn Service
03-09-2006, 11:34 PM
Cool.... check back in after the paint starts wearing off the underside of the deck.

ProStreetCamaro
03-10-2006, 01:48 AM
Lovely I see the morons at exmark are still doing that cheap anto scalp wheel set up with support only on one side. Thats the dumbest thing I have ever seen. Other than that the mower looks great!

John Gamba
03-10-2006, 06:28 AM
Lovely I see the morons at exmark are still doing that cheap anto scalp wheel set up with support only on one side. Thats the dumbest thing I have ever seen. Other than that the mower looks great!

Have you had a problem with the brackets

mslawn
03-10-2006, 08:09 AM

If you bend an anti scalp wheel bracket you are abusing the heck out of it. I see mowers with 1000 or less hours that looks like someone beat them with a sledge hammer. These are to make money with-not to abuse. I have picked up new customers because the previous LCO decided to pop wheelies and cut donuts in the customers yard or on the driveway with their mower.
As you can see the beefy gussets that attach the anto scalp wheel to the deck - What is there to complain about?

lazer 46
03-10-2006, 11:24 AM
I have that triton deck and I questioned Exmark about why there is a roller only on one side. They immediately answered me back. The offset roller has something to do with the position of the blades on the triton deck.I've owned lots of Exmark products and I wouldn't own any other brand.

bigjeeping
03-10-2006, 11:59 AM
I cut some super thick wet annual ryegrass today with no problem, no clumping like my ultracut deck does. BTW-I am running a mulch kit.
So far I love it. It has a whole 8 hours on it so far.

So the mulch kit is working pretty good? I'll be getting it on mine also.

Gamba - HP 5627 Kohler

John Gamba
03-10-2006, 12:05 PM
So the mulch kit is working pretty good? I'll be getting it on mine also.

Gamba - HP 5627 Kohler Sweet:clapping: :clapping:

TLS
03-10-2006, 12:21 PM
That there may just be my next ZTR.

I just need some feedback/demo time on the cut/performance when the Northeastern grasses start to grow in about a month.

I guess you mulch only?

I was hoping to get a picture of the discharge area without the mulch plate installed. Somehow it's adjustable, but I haven't seen a picture showing how this is done.

John Gamba
03-10-2006, 01:59 PM
That there may just be my next ZTR.

I just need some feedback/demo time on the cut/performance when the Northeastern grasses start to grow in about a month.

I guess you mulch only?

I was hoping to get a picture of the discharge area without the mulch plate installed. Somehow it's adjustable, but I haven't seen a picture showing how this is done.

Get the DVD!!!!!

ProStreetCamaro
03-10-2006, 06:16 PM
Have you had a problem with the brackets

Oh god yes. I used an impact gun, lock washers and red lock tite and they still come loose and start floping around. I replaced everything and same problem so I ended up takeing them all off. We have the 48 lazer HP and our lawns are nice and smooth and the deck is easy as pie to raise and lower by hand on the fly so I avoid scalping. Other than that I love our HP!

ProStreetCamaro
03-10-2006, 06:18 PM
If you bend an anti scalp wheel bracket you are abusing the heck out of it. I see mowers with 1000 or less hours that looks like someone beat them with a sledge hammer. These are to make money with-not to abuse. I have picked up new customers because the previous LCO decided to pop wheelies and cut donuts in the customers yard or on the driveway with their mower.
As you can see the beefy gussets that attach the anto scalp wheel to the deck - What is there to complain about?

We are easy on our equipment. We havent bent them. The bolt that holds the wheel in place keeps comeing loose no matter what we do to it.

John Gamba
03-10-2006, 06:28 PM
Oh god yes. I used an impact gun, lock washers and red lock tite and they still come loose and start floping around. I replaced everything and same problem so I ended up takeing them all off. We have the 48 lazer HP and our lawns are nice and smooth and the deck is easy as pie to raise and lower by hand on the fly so I avoid scalping. Other than that I love our HP!

You had them set To Low:hammerhead: :hammerhead: :hammerhead:

deereman
03-10-2006, 06:35 PM
Yes you do have a very nice looking fleet of some serious cutting machines. Take care of them and they will last a long time!

r.eckley
03-10-2006, 10:06 PM
Reversed the bolts in the front deck wheels it seemed to help. Might be my imagination but worth a try.

TLS
03-10-2006, 11:18 PM
We are easy on our equipment. We havent bent them. The bolt that holds the wheel in place keeps comeing loose no matter what we do to it.

I have NEVER had a gauge wheel bolt loosen....On anything.

No locktite needed. Just the original bolts and spiraloc nuts.

Twice a year I unbolt them to grease them, and adjust from fall height to summer height.

You undoubtedly have them too low. As for mslawn, looking at the one pic of your diesel unit, you keep them too low as well.

mslawn
03-10-2006, 11:42 PM
As for mslawn, looking at the one pic of your diesel unit, you keep them too low as well.

They are just right. 2nd hole down from top. What you might be seeing is they are wore slap out, those have about 1500hrs on that set, just put new ones on the other day. I have never had one come loose.

TLS
03-10-2006, 11:47 PM
Yeah, I was mainly going by their condition.

Sitting on concrete, deck lowered to cutting position, you should be able to get your thumb between wheel and pavement (3/4-1").

Any lower than that and I find myself gouging out dirt on turns and wearing them on curbs and sidewalks.