PDA

View Full Version : Guanti recommendation

TheHotShotKid
02-28-2006, 09:42 PM
My H2B workers are complaining that their hands are getting torn up and are suggesting I supply them with Guanti's to work with. I post it here because they need to be the type that make it possible to work with wires, cables connections etc but tough enough to protect their hands. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated .
P.S.- I bought them some of those brown .99 pairs at home depot and they tore up in a week. I don't want to go crazy here but I don't want a mutiny from my help either. Thanks again.

niteliters
03-01-2006, 07:08 AM
don't know if this will help but we go to an automotive retailer and by mechanics gloves..some with the fingers but mostly the fingerless gloves as it allows for the most dexterity when wiring.
chris

niteliters
03-01-2006, 07:11 AM
also, being from Ohio you have cold weather like I do here in Kentucky. The fingerless also keep my hands pretty warm. What part of Ohio are you from??

steveparrott
03-01-2006, 12:31 PM
A small point but important. Twisting wire nuts is a hand killer. If you solder the connection first, the wire nut goes on very easy - your workers will thank you.

Pro-Scapes
03-01-2006, 08:17 PM
A small point but important. Twisting wire nuts is a hand killer. If you solder the connection first, the wire nut goes on very easy - your workers will thank you.

Not to mention Im sure you will thank yourself when you dont have to locate a bad splice. Just makes sence to solder and get a good bond.