PDA

View Full Version : wheel simulators

southernlandscapespecial
02-28-2006, 11:34 PM
Ok I am a little confused here about wheel simulators. What are they and how do they mount, Is this just a fancy word for hubcaps? or this just a cheap way to make old ugly rims look good? Thanks

NEPSJay
02-28-2006, 11:53 PM
hope this helps....
http://www.awdirect.com/awdirect/catalog.cfm?dest=itempg&itemid=7678&secid=101&linkon=section&linkid=101

southernlandscapespecial
03-01-2006, 09:42 AM
Thanks nepsjay

John Gamba
03-01-2006, 10:13 AM
Thanks nepsjay

Get the ones that mount to the studs not the ones that you take the lug nuts off.

EagleFlight Rep
03-01-2006, 11:41 AM
Get the ones that mount to the studs not the ones that you take the lug nuts off.

I would agree with this.

Basically, wheel simulators are stainless steel wheelcovers that bolt on to steel wheels to improve the appearance of your truck. They are generally less expensive than aluminum wheels and easier to maintain. Check out our website in my signature for prices and applications. Also, our company sponsors a forum on this website if you have any further questions feel free to ask there or email me.

John Gamba
03-01-2006, 03:00 PM
I would agree with this.

Basically, wheel simulators are stainless steel wheelcovers that bolt on to steel wheels to improve the appearance of your truck. They are generally less expensive than aluminum wheels and easier to maintain. Check out our website in my signature for prices and applications. Also, our company sponsors a forum on this website if you have any further questions feel free to ask there or email me.

Simulators are :cool2:

Gravel Rat
03-01-2006, 04:53 PM
I agree with the others get the ones that are held on using different methods instead of under the lug nuts. I had the ones that installed with the lug nuts they end up loosening the lug nuts and you are constantly retightening them.

I have similators on my F-Superduty they do look okay but nothing beats a true aluminum wheel.