PDA

View Full Version : Hustler Fastrak

Palmer'sLS
02-28-2006, 11:37 PM
Does any one own one, or has any one used one. seems like a great product, thanks for any info

lawnrangeralaska
03-01-2006, 12:38 AM
I own one and its for sale too.

TXLAWNBOY
03-01-2006, 02:26 AM
I own one (52"), and you're right it is a great product...for what it was designed to do, and that would be residental/estate (under 5 acres) use. If you are looking for a mower to use around your home once a week it is one of the best residental mowers out there, if you are thinking of using it for commercial use DON'T DO IT! I kick myself for being under-educated and mis-lead into buying mine everyday. If you are looking to buy your first ztr ask yourself a this

1. Am I paying cash or financing?.....Paying cash, ok I don't blame you, whats your budget $5k-$6k. If this is the case you can get into a comm. machine in this price range as well (Gravely, Encore, Bobcat) all good and priced well also. If your financing then for how long? Lets just say 36mos. an extra $1k will only cost you $20-$40 a month (one yard cut a month..you can do that, right) So if you were going to pay cash and you have $3500-$4500 use part or all of that and finance the remaining $500-$1500.

All I am saying is look at ALL your options and you don't have to buy a high $ ztr to get a good quality machine and good dealer support.

Good luck

daveintoledo
03-01-2006, 08:26 AM
i saw an advertisment saying that the new fastrack where of commercial grade, is this true.....

mowerconsultant
03-01-2006, 09:18 AM
The FasTrak will work for a person just starting out in the business or for light commercial use.
There is a 1 year or 400 hour commercial warranty with the FasTrak 44 and 52 inch models.

sikagrass
03-01-2006, 01:17 PM
I couldnt afford what I wanted so I bought the fasttrack 42" and so far Im very impressed.Ive only had it for a couple of weeks so far though and you know time is the real test.Check with your dealer to find how much he is selling them for, you should be able to get one way below msrp. My opinion only and good luck with whatever you buy.Its not a stamped deck tractor for sure.

Palmer'sLS
03-01-2006, 03:45 PM
is it a bad thing that it is for sale farnorth?

Roger
03-01-2006, 04:20 PM
I was at the Western PA Turf show today and looked at the Hustlers. Three people in the booth talked with me and they all steered me away from the Fastrak, saying it was primarily intended for high-end homeowner. They did quote the warrantee information cited above, but strongly suggested I consider the SuperMini-Z, even in favor of the Mini-Z (wow -- Hustler really needs some work on their naming; the lineup is very confusing!).

I do have to say the Super looked like a very nice machine, about $1,200 more than the Mini.

Palmer'sLS
03-01-2006, 06:52 PM
thanks roger, the more i read the more i think i might want to go ahead and get the mini-z. if im gonna spend the money might as well buy what i need the first time. yeah and i agree that the lineup is very VERY confusing haha

lawnrangeralaska
03-01-2006, 09:11 PM
i want to know the difference between the hustler z and the super z.

Nes-Tech
03-01-2006, 09:55 PM
Super Z- Hydraulic Oil cooler, Larger pumps and wheel motors, higher transport speed (15mp) and Deluxe Suspension seat, and usually a higher HP engine. These are the only differences between a "Z" and a Super Z. The frame and deck are the same! Hope this helps