PDA

View Full Version : I need more accounts and advise from the experinced few

Guthrie&Co
03-01-2006, 01:54 AM
My business tends to cater to the landscaping side but i need to grow alot on the mowing side. i am looking to do some door hangers and was thiinking about starting with 2500. what kind of numbers do you think i will turn off of that? I know I know word of mouth is great, signs on the truck and uniforms help as well but are there some other things i can do to help the situation out. currently i have 3 mowing accounts but i stay covered up with the tree farm in virginia and heavy landscaping here. i would like to see something in the neighborhood of 15 plus accounts by the end of the year. what are the tactics?

stevo22
03-01-2006, 01:58 AM
i am sure theat i will not be the only one on this...use the seach on door hangers...hrs or reading enjoyment...i'll sum it up for you...usually about a 1-2.5% response rate...so look at maybe 2-6 calls...

Guthrie&Co
03-01-2006, 02:02 AM
2-6 calls on 2500 hangers? or 2-6 calls per 100 hangers

Az Gardener
03-01-2006, 02:32 AM
If you are doing landscape installs give them 2-months "free maintenance" build the cost into the L/S and realize it will be a benefit to the L/S arm because you will have less warranty items being there weekly to check on stuff. Then at the end of the two months provide a bid and pick it up from there. I built a 60-K per month maint biz that way. Thats the best way to do it.

LwnmwrMan22
03-01-2006, 05:57 AM
If you are doing landscape installs give them 2-months "free maintenance" build the cost into the L/S and realize it will be a benefit to the L/S arm because you will have less warranty items being there weekly to check on stuff. Then at the end of the two months provide a bid and pick it up from there. I built a 60-K per month maint biz that way. Thats the best way to do it.

That's the way alot of companies do it around here as well.

Whenever they do an install, it's "required" that they do the maintenance on it for the first year, or they won't warranty anything.

Precision
03-01-2006, 09:10 AM
2500 flyers is really to small too make the numbers work.

But given a larger batch size you will get somewhere between 1-3% response rate. Assuming you are getting a good price for your labor, the sign rate will drop to 1/2 or 1/3 of the response rate.

so on 2500 flyers you should get 25-75 calls and 8-30 accts. But you also have to factor in how many of those account you will retain or even want after a month or two.

6'7 330
03-01-2006, 09:44 AM
We have not utilized flyer's or door hanger's in a few years now,but If you get a similar response rate we used to, you will get 1 to 2%,or 25 to 50 calls.

Guthrie&Co
03-03-2006, 12:27 AM
sounds ok to me right not all i can handle is 30 more max...the very max.