PDA

View Full Version : Licensing ?

Bstep.1
03-01-2006, 03:24 AM
Do I need a License for the State, County, or Individual cities where I will be mowing lawns. I plan to start out this year and want to do things right. Thanks for your help.

NEPSJay
03-01-2006, 11:22 AM
Your best bet is to contact your local office of the SBA (small buisness admin), or courthouse and ask them. Just tell them what you are planning on doing and they will point you in the right direction. You might be able to find more info on your states website also.

Bstep.1
03-01-2006, 11:34 AM
Thank you. I am going to check into that today.:hammerhead:

Bstep.1
03-01-2006, 01:50 PM
I just contacted three different city licensing divisions within my area and found I only need a license within the city that I live as I will have a home based office, even though I will be working across multiple cities. In my state I must first register the business name which is aproximately $22. Then I can apply for the city license $150. After which it takes four weeks for them to review and approve/dissaprove. However I can start business as soon as I pay the $150. :)

Jdmtnbikr
03-01-2006, 10:21 PM
I just contacted three different city licensing divisions within my area and found I only need a license within the city that I live as I will have a home based office, even though I will be working across multiple cities. In my state I must first register the business name which is aproximately $22. Then I can apply for the city license $150. After which it takes four weeks for them to review and approve/dissaprove. However I can start business as soon as I pay the $150. :)

Interesting. Where I live in Northern California from what I understand, I need a license in EVERY city I intend on working in. It is kind of ridiculous. $100 a city/year. Im thinking the lady at city hall didn't understand me correctly, because there is no way anyone in this business, in this area does that. Thats crazy.

Bstep.1
03-01-2006, 11:33 PM
Yes, I agree that would be ridiculous. I called up two seperate cities and both reported to me that I could work in their city as long as I was registered where my office would be located. Since I am based out of my home I registered in Salt Lake County. Taylorsville and West Jordan both told me that I could work the entire state, not just restricted to the County. I would contact a couple cities and see what they had to say. They even gave me the phone number to the Salt Lake County office I needed to Contact. Good Luck.

sheshovel
03-03-2006, 10:12 AM
Interesting. Where I live in Northern California from what I understand, I need a license in EVERY city I intend on working in. It is kind of ridiculous. $100 a city/year. Im thinking the lady at city hall didn't understand me correctly, because there is no way anyone in this business, in this area does that. Thats crazy.

It's $45.00 HERE..IT WOULD BE EVERY COUNTY NOT EVERY CITY

Bstep.1
03-03-2006, 11:51 PM
The lady I worked with to get my License in Salt Lake County said I could now work anywhere in the state. However I intend to stay within Salt Lake County as their should be plenty of work here.

sheshovel
03-04-2006, 12:53 AM
My old stomping grounds..Kerns

Bstep.1
03-11-2006, 02:44 PM
I grew up in Kearns.