PDA

View Full Version : Too late crabgrass is up, now what?

Triple R
03-01-2006, 11:14 AM
Yesterday while out doing maintenance accounts I noticed crabgrass in one of the nieghboring lawns. It is currently in the 2 tiller stage. I hope to finish with preemergent apps by Friday but was wondering what should I do if the crabgrass goes beyond the 3 tiller stage? Most of the lawns I do are Fescue but some are Bermuda. Drive doesn't work in my area. I was thinking of maybe adding some MSMA to the Dimension or do you have any suggestions? I know I will be dealing with this problem throughout the season as I pick up more weed control accounts and would like to know what options I have to deal with the crabgrass. I know I should have finished pre-m by mid Febuary which is the general rule around here.

upidstay
03-01-2006, 03:03 PM
A strong shot of dimension will kill into the 2 tiller stage. Drive will not work on plants in 3 and 4 tiller stage. That may be why you said it doesn't work in your area. Try Acclaim Extra. IT wiorks very well, better than MSMA in my opinion.

ThreeWide
03-01-2006, 07:20 PM
I had good results on mature crabgrass last year with Drive combined with MSMA, each at 1/2 the normal rate.

Never saw that documented anywhere, but it seemed worth a try.