PDA

View Full Version : start date scheduled yet?

fga
03-01-2006, 12:55 PM
i'm planning for the end of next week, or the following... weather permitting.
thatching, ferting, ... can't wait.

you guys have a date yet?

Don't the pre-emergents have to be down prior to the Forsythia blooms?

Sir mowsalot
03-01-2006, 01:24 PM
i'm planning for the end of next week, or the following... weather permitting.
thatching, ferting, ... can't wait.

you guys have a date yet?

Im planning on starting spring cleanups next week weather permitting. Its a little early but, im rearin to go, and get out there and do some stuff. CABIN FEVER.
I put down pre-emergent about the last week of march, again weather permitting.

jtkplc
03-01-2006, 01:29 PM
Nothing yet, I won't be starting my few spring clean-ups until the first part of April. :cry:

PGA
03-01-2006, 01:58 PM
Ive already started some cleanups and mulching. Ill get my pre-ems down starting the end of next week.

We are badly in need of some rain though. Its been about a 6 weeks since we have had a measurable amount of rain and there is really none in sight.

GreenMonster
03-01-2006, 02:54 PM

Maybe so, but not before the snow melts :dizzy:

Easy there, Adam. spring's coming, but let's at least let the frost out of the ground, huh :D

rodfather
03-01-2006, 03:11 PM

Actually right at the same time, prior is too early I'm told.

Well, I had a tentative start date until I saw the weather forecast for tomorrow...and maybe another storm next week early too they say. Oh well, we will see. I'll take that white gold that falls from the sky anytime!

Up North
03-01-2006, 03:40 PM
I'll probably be starting sometime around the end of April as usual. We have about 18 inches of snow still on the ground with another 3-6 forcasted for tonight or tomorrow and another batch coming on Saturday.

Buck

sparcolawn
03-01-2006, 05:20 PM
I'm in central NH and we only have a few inches of snow on the ground. i have a contract thats set to begin the 15th of march so if all goes well i'll be starting in 2 weeks..... we hope!

Green-Pro
03-01-2006, 05:26 PM
I'll probably be starting sometime around the end of April as usual. We have about 18 inches of snow still on the ground with another 3-6 forcasted for tonight or tomorrow and another batch coming on Saturday.

Buck

This late in the winter you can keep the white stuff all for yourself Buck :clapping: I'm looking to start around mid-March, ground temp is about 30-32 degrees farenhiet, so wee have a little bit before pre-ems, likely last week of March.

Envy Lawn Service
03-01-2006, 05:35 PM
Don't even have one penciled in yet...

Maybe April 3rd full bore? I don't know. I need to have a look at things I guess.
Getting started pre-Easter usually sets the date. But not this year.

I may work some this month if people want some pre-season stuff done.
Personally, I've seen continous cutbacks on pre-season and extra services.
So maybe April 3rd?

Guess I should go drag out the calendar.

Shawns Lawns
03-01-2006, 05:42 PM
Start date for cutting is usually around the beginning of May.:cry:

Sir mowsalot
03-01-2006, 06:29 PM
Ouch! Hang in there.LOL

down size
03-01-2006, 06:41 PM
Started mulching and edging beds today did 5 yards of mulch and have 10 yards to go. I'm out of shape!I must be getting old.

lawnguyland
03-01-2006, 06:50 PM
I hope to start the 13th or 14th of March, but the last few years have been started around the 20th or so due to snow/rain/etc.

nslga show @ huntington townhouse the 7th. Lots of sales thereafter at suppliers.

Pre-m before forstyhia stops flowering/flowers fade, do split apps in these here parts. Yee haw! :usflag:

At least St. Patty's Day is on a friday:drinkup:

Envy Lawn Service
03-01-2006, 07:35 PM
Thanks for the little kick in the pants of asking...

The 2006 mowing schedule is looking like W/E April 1st - W/E December 2nd as of now.
That's what I'm penciling in anyways...

Around here you really never know. Sometimes it will be bad weather like a last minute snow or ice storm that gets everything and greenup doesn't get started until a while afterwards. But it is not odd at all to mow into December on cool season grasses and messing with leaves until christmas or new years.

lawnguyland
03-01-2006, 07:58 PM
BTW when I say start 3/14 I mean w/spring clean-ups. Start weekly mowing mid april.

tinman
03-01-2006, 08:26 PM
Next week , easing into it ..... MArch 23 start schedule.

jpp
03-01-2006, 09:58 PM
Cutting will start the first week of April weather permtting. Spring cleanups will start the last week of March or the week before. Need a little more caffeine to get me motivated. :waving: