PDA

View Full Version : Making the break this month

jsbmaine
03-01-2006, 02:36 PM
Ok, some of this is redundant, but I'll put it all in one post this time.

I just (Monday) got out of the Dairy business, and March 15th I'm moving to PA. I already have part time work hauling excavating equipment, but I want to get going with a landscaping business. I bought a mower, trimmer, blower, etc. and have a good pickup, as well as access to large trucks and equipment if i need it. My main question is what is the best way to advertise without spending a lot of money. My goal is to do about 15 lawns every week, and a few mulching/ landscaping jobs in the season. I'd also like to pick up 10 or so residential snow plowing accounts. That's about what I figure I can handle with the used equipment I have.

So, sources for door hangers, business cards, etc?
Should I letter the truck?
Put cell phone # on ad's?

Any other thoughts?

Thanks,

daveintoledo
03-01-2006, 03:03 PM
get proper licensing and insurance.... then tell everyone you meet and flyer the heck out of your taret areas..

good luck...:)

zim bob the landscaper
03-01-2006, 03:46 PM
well we just orderd 1000 door hangers from www.iprint.com it was $140 and you design it right on the site

also what kind of truck do you have if i were you and the truck could handle it i would go with 1 or 2 commercials to plow you will make more money then 10 driveways. we went to all driveways (13) and a small car wash this year and probably havent made $5000. last year we made over $26000 on one commercial, we also had another commercial and 5 drivways. next year we will only do commercials!!!!!!!!!!!

PMLAWN
03-01-2006, 05:44 PM
For only 15 properties, I would just put out a bunch of fliers. 15 should come easy.

jsbmaine
03-01-2006, 07:41 PM
well we just orderd 1000 door hangers from www.iprint.com it was $140 and you design it right on the site

also what kind of truck do you have if i were you and the truck could handle it i would go with 1 or 2 commercials to plow you will make more money then 10 driveways. we went to all driveways (13) and a small car wash this year and probably havent made $5000. last year we made over $26000 on one commercial, we also had another commercial and 5 drivways. next year we will only do commercials!!!!!!!!!!!

My pickup is a 1995 Ford F-250 powerstroke 4x4 with an 8' fisher mm1

Dump truck is a 1985 International S series tandem DT 466 13spd and 13' plow, 10' wing, and tailgate sander. I did all commercial and private roads with this one this year, and hopefully will put it on same in PA. I really don't want to do much commercial with the pickup (plowed town roads here this year, wore out 2 cutting edges)