PDA

View Full Version : You wanna talk about scary!

Victor
03-01-2006, 05:34 PM
Earlier today, I was talking to a nice old man I know, who works full-time as a Mechanic, but cuts lawns after work. We were standing outside his shop shull bitting, when I asked him if he was ready for this upcoming Spring. He told me that he was definitely ready to get started and that things were looking good for him. Since he knows what kind of work I do, he asked me when the best time was to start putting down fertilizer. When I told him, he went on to tell me about how some of his mowing customers had asked him if he would fertilize their lawns this year because Chemlawn had done a poor job last year. I went on to tell him about the licensing requirements around here. When I told him about that, a suprised look came across his face and he told me that he never knew that. He told me that he wasn't going to charge them for it :rolleyes: and that he was just going to do it to help them out. He said these people had seen his lawn and since his lawn looked better than his, they thought he'd be able to make their lawns look better as well. Out of curiousity, I started asking questions about what he was doing to his lawn. Unfortunately, I can't remember anything he told me except the part where he said that he uses a tiny hand held spreader that he used as he walked across his lawn! He said that he was just going to use it on their lawns instead of buying a normal walk-behind spreader.:eek: He's a really nice guy, so I really hate to say it, but with the way the Dept of Ag has been out and about so much lately, I don't think it's going to go too well for him. Oh well. I just figured some of you would enjoy this story.

Vic

Green-Pro
03-01-2006, 06:48 PM
Wow!!! Even if he gets licensed that little "organ grinder" spreader will take forever.