PDA

View Full Version : Pre-pay

grassyfras
03-01-2006, 08:05 PM
How many pre-pays does everyone have this year. Do you have a cut off time to get it. What if any discount do you give. I get maybe1-3 pre-pays a year. I dont really push it and offer 5 percent off on mowing and fert services. Also, what do you guys do with the money? I know most are going to say invest it in something that makes more than their discount but I pay my taxes with it and stock up on supplies and give myself a bonus.

MJB
03-02-2006, 01:37 AM
I have 1 big one that wants to pre pay this year. I invoiced them today. I'll pay my taxes and write out checks for 6 months of house payments. I like to get ahead of my bills so I can play all winter.

CAG
03-02-2006, 02:10 AM
Must be nice getting the money up front. but it really has to suck when the money is spent and you feel like your doing the property for free. Its not that smart on managements part if thats what they do with all their contractors. That would be a lot of lost money in interest payments!!

MJB
03-02-2006, 02:22 AM
Sometimes companies have extra money in their budget and have to spend it by a certain date. Then they submit their budget for the next yr. This is a very large company. I love it when it happens. I used to have to borrow to pay uncle sam, then sweat out paying it off by the end of the yr. You definately want to manage your money and not blow it. I write the checks for my bills way in advance, they go into an envelope and each month we pull out the check for that month and send it.

Jpocket
03-02-2006, 09:19 AM
Must be nice getting the money up front. but it really has to suck when the money is spent and you feel like your doing the property for free. Its not that smart on managements part if thats what they do with all their contractors. That would be a lot of lost money in interest payments!!

Paid is paid, I would make sure our quality is the same if not higher