PDA

View Full Version : My spring letter

grassyfras
03-01-2006, 09:09 PM
Ok you guys help me out all the time. For anyone who needs it or is curious to what other people send out in the begining of the year here is the one I used this year:

February 26, 2006

Dear Customer,

Spring is right around the corner! I would like to touch base with you before spring begins. I will be starting regular services in March/April depending on the weather. As a reminder, I bill a fixed monthly price for lawn mowing accounts over a period of nine months. Invoices will be sent out at the end of each month and be due by the 15th of the following month. There have been no price changes to your account. Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions.
Iíve enclosed a copy of our fertilizing plan with this letter. The program consists of six applications throughout the year that controls weeds and properly feeds the lawn. If youíre not currently using Green As Can Be as your fertilizing service we highly recommend it since we are at your property weekly and can monitor your lawn for any weeds or turf problems. This year we are pleased to offer monthly weeding services for your mulch beds. For most yards this service is available for less than $30 per month. We offer the following additional services, call of an estimate:

cush
03-01-2006, 10:50 PM
Looks real good, nice and positive!

Jason Rose
03-01-2006, 11:03 PM
Looks good! Do you have another letter for customers that are getting a price increase, or are all going to be the same? I told myself yesterday to get my letters typed out and in the mail but I still haven't done it... Since it's soooo warm here Iv'e resorted to calling or just stopping by a few houses to check in and tell them I will be there ASAP to get started with cleanups.

In the past I have put what you have in your letter, plus I add a paragraph or two about myself and what Iv'e been doing over the winter ect... I don't know that they all CARE but I do get comments about my letter, mostly the personal stuff i include. I figure that if they know me well enough they are less likely to replace me! lol

grassyfras
03-01-2006, 11:26 PM
Jason- thats a good idea about personel stuff. I know some customers dont give a rats A** about me but some do and I think maybe that would increase personel relationship with them.

This year I didn't raise anyone, they all got their increase last year. I just add another paraprapgh that says: "Do to an increase in costs, infaltion gas my dog food went up, whatever, your new monthly price is $___. We appologize for any inconvicne and like always are trying to keep costs down.

Shawns Lawns
03-02-2006, 06:25 PM
Nice but for me Spring would not only be right around the corner, it would be down the road, across the bridge, by the river, through the rotary and pass the state line.:cry: :cry: :cry:

rodfather
03-02-2006, 06:42 PM
Ok you guys help me out all the time. For anyone who needs it or is curious to what other people send out in the begining of the year here is the one I used this year:

February 26, 2006

Dear Customer,

Spring is right around the corner! I would like to touch base with you before spring begins. I will be starting regular services in March/April depending on the weather. As a reminder, I bill a fixed monthly price for lawn mowing accounts over a period of nine months. Invoices will be sent out at the end of each month and be due by the 15th of the following month. There have been no price changes to your account. Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions.
Iíve enclosed a copy of our fertilizing plan with this letter. The program consists of six applications throughout the year that controls weeds and properly feeds the lawn. If youíre not currently using Green As Can Be as your fertilizing service we highly recommend it since we are at your property weekly and can monitor your lawn for any weeds or turf problems. This year we are pleased to offer monthly weeding services for your mulch beds. For most yards this service is available for less than $30 per month. We offer the following additional services, call of an estimate:

gf, drop the cliche "touching base"...that is flogged more than an old mule IMO. How about, "I'd just like to take this opportunity to say hello before spring begins and let you know that we will begin regular service..."

salandscape
03-02-2006, 06:45 PM
Must get my letters out!

grassyfras
03-02-2006, 06:48 PM
Rod- Good adive. Ill change the letter now so I remember for next year. This years letter has already been sent out.

Jpocket
03-02-2006, 09:36 PM

February 26, 2006

Dear Customer,

I think you are cutting to the chase too quickly. Take 3 or 4 Sentences to "B. S." them about your company, and how much you care about them. I think the body is good, but you getting into the "Meat" of the letter too quickly.

lawnmaniac883
03-02-2006, 10:06 PM

February 26, 2006

Dear Customer,

At the bottom, three words in you have a typo...call for an estimate? Maybe you didnt copy/paste from word if not np.

grassyfras
03-02-2006, 10:39 PM
ah didnt see that. Ya I guess I should bs more. I had my brother design and proofread the letter. I should keep a better eye on him.

Killswitch
03-02-2006, 10:57 PM
In the past I have put what you have in your letter, plus I add a paragraph or two about myself and what Iv'e been doing over the winter ect... I don't know that they all CARE but I do get comments about my letter, mostly the personal stuff i include. I figure that if they know me well enough they are less likely to replace me! lol

Interesting concept. I like it. Its a tool thats afforded to the one or two man companies that larger firms cant buy for a million dollars, and we are all in the people business after all. Im on a first name basis with all my current people, but as I expand I worry about establishing that bond.

Good deal.