PDA

View Full Version : Any body like the toros, 27hp kohler 60in cut?

bjbarta
03-01-2006, 10:13 PM
I am using walker mowers and i am looking to purchase somthing bigger for my rougher and bigger accounts. I have been looking at toros, exmark, hustler and JD. Any advice?

LLandscaping
03-01-2006, 10:37 PM
We use Scag ZTR's, because we have a great dealer and like there machines. The new Toro's are nice also but most importantly find a good dealer. We are about to purchase a Scag Turf Tiger with a 52/27 Kohler. We use Scag because they make quality products that are made to hold up. This is just my opinion, you must find the mower that is right for you.

iluvscag
03-01-2006, 10:41 PM
Talk to Tony R, he is a guru on these things he has tons of knowledge about these things. He had the same model your looking at. It flew in the tall grasses.

ALarsh
03-01-2006, 11:20 PM
I have a toro Z. 27hp kohler/60". Been a very good machine. I like it a lot. I would buy another.

Tonyr
03-01-2006, 11:36 PM
I had a Z588E, 60'' Turbo Force Deck, 28hp EFI.

bloody awesome machine.

only things I did not like where the plastic pin things that hold the spindle guards on, they wear fast, and the blade 'saddles'....the blade sits in this saddle, meant to add strength, stop/ reduce blade flexing etc, they always bend. the saddles that is.

toro make good blades, the TFD is very dood, very tough, highly recommended.

the only other deck brand you mentioned I have little experience with is the j.d 7 iron commercial, only had mine a very short time, so far very impressive.

the toro will chop the grass up finer.....different deck baffling.

you mentioned all good brands, but, with any brand, select your dealer carefully! it doesn't matter what you buy, without good dealer after sales service you are buggered.

6'7 330
03-01-2006, 11:52 PM
We own Exmark’s with ultra cut and tri-advantage decks and Toro’s with turbo-force decks. They all cut very well. The Exmarks lay down a superior stripe stock out of the box then do the Toro’s. The turbo force has adjustable baffling, and is Seven Gauge steel, it seems indestructibly built.I have no experience with the Exmark triton deck.

Exmark and Toro's both provide an excellent cut.If possible try to arrange demos of the mowers you are interested in. In addition, a good mower can be crummy if the dealer support is sub-par.We switched to Toro because our dealer provides top notch service.

Envy Lawn Service
03-02-2006, 12:09 AM
Out of those you listed, I like the Toro's with the Turbo Force deck and the Hustler's with the XR-7 deck.

I've used the Toro and it does well.

The newest Hustler I have not. But it looks promising for them as the rest of the machine was already great and the company treats there customers really well. I no doubt would have bought one had they came out before I got hooked on the Lesco machines. But they came along about a year too late.