PDA

View Full Version : Z Trak suspension seat?

Hadly
03-01-2006, 10:16 PM
What models will the suspension seat fit? And how much is it?

MMLawn
03-01-2006, 10:24 PM
I'm not real sure except that I order it on all of my 757's..

Tonyr
03-01-2006, 10:51 PM
they are good quality seats, my 997 has the suspension seat, great seat!

Envy Lawn Service
03-01-2006, 10:53 PM
Should fit them all.

I've ran into the yellow suspension seats real cheap too.
But I bet your John Deere dealer will want $700.

Grassman6
03-01-2006, 10:54 PM
The suspension seat is almost $500 thru your Deere dealer. I've had one bolt directly to the 737 & 757 models. The 777/797 requires a 3/8" spacer under each mounting bolt or just remove the seat mounting plate and grind down the two rails where the slider touches on both sides. I chose the latter because I am 6 ft tall and the saddle needs to be low to avoid those tree limbs. While you have this steel plate off the machine go ahead and spray paint it green just like the new 997 models. This really confuses the mechanic next time he services it. After bumping my elbows on the arm rests I removed them too. Dry lube on the plastic rollers inside the frame will extend the service life. Just remove four of the six bolts in the rear (2 upper and 2 lower, the middle two support the arm rest bracket) and take the yellow seat pad off to get to these rollers and cable/spring assembly.

MMLawn
03-01-2006, 11:08 PM
Should fit them all.

I've ran into the yellow suspension seats real cheap too.
But I bet your John Deere dealer will want $700.

Boy Envy, you don't miss a chance to bash JD do you? A product which I might add you have never even owned! Your JD dealer should thank his lucky stars every day that you bought a Lesco....

My dealer charges me $379 for the Suspension seats, but I'm sure i is due to the volume of business I do wih them.

Tonyr
03-01-2006, 11:16 PM
it's easy to find out, just go into jdparts.com, selectr a mower you'd fit it to, click 'build it yourself' link, it has options of what seat you want and prices of the suspension seats.

I haven't the time right now to find out, but the price is there in black and white. these are genuine deere seats, with deere logo, very comfy, tend not to sweat as much on them, very adjustable in every way......good seats, if they save ya back they are worth paying, even if not cheap.....I'm verry critical about things that tick me, but never have I complained about a j.d seat, build quality is top notch too.

MMLawn
03-01-2006, 11:22 PM
Almost like sitting sitting in a good recliner isn't it my good mate?

Tonyr
03-01-2006, 11:22 PM
OK, I decided to find out for myself lol.

I went in to the 997 page, as I have one.

went into build and customise....

which is this link,

http://configurator.deere.com/servlet/com.deere.u90947.eproducts.view.servlets.ProductSelectionServlet?userAction=configureProduct&lang=en&country=us&sbu=CCE&category=Commercial%20Mowers&model=997%20Commercial%20L.%20C.%20Diesel%20Max-Frame%20Z-TRAK%20with%2060%20In.%20Side%20Discharge%207-Iron%20Deck&modelID=Model633&baseCode=&futureProduct=false

Suspension Seat with Armrest 1002 $270.00

That's USA dollars obviously.

I was sure they would be over $500US, 270 for a genuine seat it pretty good imo.

DLCS
03-01-2006, 11:24 PM
I don't know if you guys know it or not but JD came out with a new version of the suspension seat last year with a elastomer material on the bottom of the seat cusion instead of those springs. Suppose to hold up better. I got one of those cause i broke one of the springs on my old one. Of course it was under warranty but dealer said that my price was around $350 if I had to pay for it.:rolleyes:

Envy Lawn Service
03-02-2006, 12:01 AM
Boy Envy, you don't miss a chance to bash JD do you? A product which I might add you have never even owned! Your JD dealer should thank his lucky stars every day that you bought a Lesco....

My dealer charges me $379 for the Suspension seats, but I'm sure i is due to the volume of business I do wih them.

No... not like that at all for your information...

This suspension seat pictured here....

http://www.deere.com/en_US/ProductCatalog/GC/media/images/series/ztr/diesel/997_123861_2col.jpg

Same old suspension seat everybody used to use. Can't remember the MFG name right off the top of my head. But anyways, at one point I called every dang dealer in 3 or 4 counties... different brand dealers too... and EVERYBODY wanted $600-$700 for that seat.

Later on, after almost everyone phased that style out, I did run into a Great Dane dealer who had bought a bunch up bulk and he offered me one at a reasonable price if I wanted to buy a mower from him. But they were the same yellow, and he would have no doubt did it to where he would have gotten a brand new 'parts' seat off the mower I would have bought.

So anyways... not a "BASH DEERE" thing.
Just stating an average dealer price to buy an accessory seat.

It is a VERY nice riding seat though. It makes all the difference and there really is no substitute for them in my opinion. The Great Dane Chariot LX had one and the ride was fantastic...

Tonyr
03-02-2006, 12:12 AM
as there is a pic up, does anyone like the deere discharge chute?

I find is chokes the outward flow a bit too much.....aimed downward as it does. the toro one is shaped different and spread clippings out more even, though I admit I tie the chutes up nowadays except in public areas where legally they have to be down.

I put a spacer, hose clap around the little angled lug at the front of the chute which is attached to the deck, that extra spacing of 1/4 '' lifts the chute angle up just nice, obviously nothing is as good as no chute at all....lol.

just thought I'd mention that. dunno why....lol

Envy Lawn Service
03-02-2006, 12:32 AM
Toro has the best chute period.
I mean I like mine (when I use it) but Toro's is BETTER PERIOD.

Anyways, maybe I remember wrong, but it seems like I looked and it didn't appear you could run the 7-Iron 'chute-off'.... I mean you could but with the cutout shape of the discharge opening it didn't look like too safe of an idea. Seems like the deck top was noched out a bit towards the rear of the opening area like they do on a lot of stamped lawn tractor decks.

MMLawn
03-02-2006, 12:52 AM
Toro has the best chute period.
I mean I like mine (when I use it) but Toro's is BETTER PERIOD.

Anyways, maybe I remember wrong, but it seems like I looked and it didn't appear you could run the 7-Iron 'chute-off'.... I mean you could but with the cutout shape of the discharge opening it didn't look like too safe of an idea. Seems like the deck top was noched out a bit towards the rear of the opening area like they do on a lot of stamped lawn tractor decks.

NOT. The deck top isn't "notched out" anywhere. Half of my are running chute off with neary an issue.....again giving details on something you have never owned only looked at and even then not to close it seems :dizzy:

But YES, Toro does have the best design if you are running chute on.

Tonyr
03-02-2006, 01:24 AM
c'mon boys, play nice lol.

my point was, by adding a simple hose clamp as a spacer I could lift the downward angle up, giving a nice distribution, trying to similate toros angle from memory. it is very easy to remove the chute true, but then if something is thrown and hits a car etc insurance will not pay as deck is not safe by manufacture design etc.

hense why I bought a rear discharge model last year, people just look for opportunities to blame the mower guy for damage to something, whether true or not.

only on acreage and away from people do I run with chute up, the rest of the time I use my home made ocdc......

POPO4995
03-02-2006, 01:53 AM
Have the seat on my 997 and love it! Was a $600 option...:waving:

Envy Lawn Service
03-02-2006, 02:54 AM
Have the seat on my 997 and love it! Was a $600 option...:waving:

Thanks, that's all I was trying to say..... :clapping:

Envy Lawn Service
03-02-2006, 03:26 AM
NOT. The deck top isn't "notched out" anywhere. Half of my are running chute off with neary an issue.....again giving details on something you have never owned only looked at and even then not to close it seems :dizzy:

But YES, Toro does have the best design if you are running chute on.

Well now, would that be a FACT Mr Knowitall?

I guess these don't have notches in the deck top at the back of the chute?????????????

http://www.dgequipment.com/STK_Photos/7669.jpg

http://www.adamstractorco.com/Used/jd657sv.jpg

I said "maybe I remember wrong" but I didn't think I did.
I was pretty sure I remembered that when I was trying to see if I could remedy the demo from puking clumps and discharging messy. But I didn't like the idea of being able to look down and see the blade tip through the notch. So I left it alone.

Maybe that is something they have changed recently, and I would certainly hope so....
But it's not something that has 'always been' obviously.

Now, I don't know what the heck your beef is with me. I was just here responding about the suspension seat because I've used them, they are great, but they are also generally an expensive add-on. The Deluxe seat pictured above is also a very comfortable choice for a non-suspension seat.

Anyways, I'm sorry if you have some beef with me because I spoke my mind some time before about the fact the 7-Iron did not cut it for me. So I'm sorry I can't be satisfied with your pride and joy mowers. But I'm not the only one, so allow me to apologize on their behalf too.

Really Mike, this would not get under my skin so if the facts were different. It bothers the crap out of me that you try to make me out to be a basher in every thread. It bothers me because I demoed 3 friggin times, and I really liked the 757/777/797 mowers 'otherwise' and the price was right. I also like my Deere dealer very much and I am good friends with people there. We have a lot of history and I have bought bigger ticket items than lawnmowers there in the past.

Really at the time I would have preferred to have all John Deere stuff.
But it didn't work out, which dissappointed me.
Just a little jealous of those who get such a good cut out of them is all.
But I'm OK with that now..... and you should be too.

MMLawn
03-02-2006, 09:24 AM
Come on ENVY! That "notch" you are trying to use as not as you say. It is where the chute mounts in. Tell the whole story. That "notch" is on an area that extends out/over past the main chute opening a tad. You made it sound like it had holes cut in the top of the deck that were safety issues or something. It also as you should "remember" has a Solid 1/2" 7ga steel wedge directly behind that "notch" that also blocks it off from the chute discharge.

My main issue with you is your constant bashing of Deere.....is that you say you don't....I can pull dozens of threads where your comments say differently!

But forget the brand Deere, my biggest beef is that you are bashing fine equipment that you have never owned. You are a very opinionated person and that is very clear on here (so don't call anyone a Mr. Knowitall without looking in the mirror my friend). A demo, or even three demos is NOT the same as owning it and running it daily and you know that. You will fine not ONE single thread on here where I have ever bashed any piece of equipment I haven't actually owned. Take you beloved Lesco mower for example. Now I love Lesco fert/seed products and have a much used commercial account with them. But I would never buy their mowers, just don't like them......but outside of that comment to make my point, there is not a single post on here where I have ever said that or anything negative about them.

You own it bash it to death if you like. If you don't own it you really shouldn't bash it.

Envy Lawn Service
03-02-2006, 02:13 PM
MM... dude chill out and get some Z's or something :sleeping:
I think you'll realize you are being a little over sensitive here.

First I said the dealer would probably want $700 for the seat, which I did think would probably be true in all honesty because $600-$700 was what every dealer quoted me for the seat. I figured with it being yellow in color and coming through a dealer it would be $700, as the other light colored ones such as eXmark grey, ect, cost that (more than black). Someone then came here and said they paid $600 for theirs. I don't see how that is BASHING DEERE.

Then I was having a small little discussion with Tony and it occured to me to mention...

And it occured to me to say that because I thought I recalled thinking that. To me it looked like they made it that way for the discharge shield so it would be a 'deterrant' for removing the shield so people would keep them on. Worked on me because I didn't think it looked like too bright of an idea to remove it. I looked risky that it might throw something upwards or up at me... and that was excuse enough to leave it ON.

I was only discussing that with Tony when he brought up the chute. I use a similar method of raising the chute on another of my mowers that NEEDS to have it in place, and my intent was to get around to discussing that with him. No harm done. But you somehow read both things as DEERE BASHING. But I don't see it in either case.

The ONLY thing I have ever said negative about these MACHINES is that their cutting performance did not meet my standards despite trying 3 demos over time. There was nothing else about the MACHINES that I found any fault in. NOTHING. But still I guess my opinion of the cut, which I have conceeded many probablities about was enough to get your drawers all in a wad.

Look, I realize you Deere guys catch a lot of UNFAIR flack about the Deere's because the stamped deck is veiwed as less than the flat steel fabricated decks by many. So I can see how you guys get touchy. Same thing happens to Lesco owners. Many still regard them as the same quality as the old stamped deck Vipers, ect.

But you also have to remember to be objective. Go back and see who was right along side you guys defending the construction of the 7 Iron deck. ME DANG IT ME!!!!!

Just because I was unimpressed with the side discharge cut quality and I had balls enough to say so doesn't make me a BASHER. I have even said that I would demo again if given time to double check to see that every dial-in adjustment matched the specs of the lovers setups....
{(engine RPM, deck level, rake) all conceeded possibilities}
And/or if I could get a demo with a mulch kit installed.... as otherwise I had seen NO POINT in a 4th demo until the release of the 7 Iron II changes.

But I am a little 'tainted' on Deere the company now, and you know that has zero to do with the machines.

Tonyr
03-02-2006, 06:50 PM
I missed something again!!

I didn't see Envy's posts as bashing?

People on this forum talk about all brands, the good and the bad, but as soon as something not positive is said about deere, then the action starts, been through it!

People got into me for bashing that junker I had, yet no one, not one person who got into me owned that exact model.....I owned it, it was junk, I bashed it, and because of it's brand I was whipped and hung on a cross lol.

if it was any other brand it would not of been such a big deal, but deere shure does into the blood ogf those who love the machines from that company, and I'll admit, since owning my side discharge model I can see why.

Guys, you are both very knowledgable men, please lets not start another sh!t fight about deere, aren't we all worn out from my saga lol?

Re the notch.....mine hasbn't got it, just a pertruding lug thing for the chute to rest on. I cannot see my blades from my seat.

The discharge chute is easily removed, similar to most, a couple of brackets with a pin going through the plastic chute and holes in brackets with a spring system attached, no harder to remove than toro's. I prefer to have it up than off, acts like a shield kinda if near a tree and something bounces back....

Lastly, whether it be exmark, toro, deere, lesco, honda, hustler etc, not all machines off of the line will be perfect, it is natural to get the occasional dud, e.g that RD thing I had was a dud! deserved to be bashed. and so did dealer and deere for sitting around hoping the problem would fix itself lol.

This thread is getting hot, I really can't see why, price of seats.....look at the internet price, look at dealers price, lot of scope, I have heard of people paying 700 for a seat, heck over here they are 1200.....tractor seats, not j.d mower seats, aftermarket stuff....but same/similar type of basic small machine seat.

can we move on and play nice now please?

Tonyr
03-02-2006, 06:52 PM
sorry for vthe spelling mistakes, was rushing, in the middle of very bad storm!
didn't want to get cut off....