PDA

View Full Version : Does Temperature Affect Advertising Mowing/Landscaping

danslawncare
03-01-2006, 10:31 PM
Does the temperatue effect the number of clients that keep your advertisement? For example do you get less client calls when the temperature is below 40 degreese then when it is above 40?

sheshovel
03-01-2006, 10:35 PM
Yes especially when they use your flier to start a fire in the woodstove or fireplace.So yes they are more likely to keep your flier above 40 degrees

danslawncare
03-01-2006, 10:36 PM
Do you guys stop advertising when its chilly out then? Or do you just redo that subdivision. Also any thoughts on taping a flyer to the mailbox. It would prevent blow aways.

Jason Rose
03-01-2006, 10:40 PM
Yeah, I don't think many people are thinking about their lawns until the temps are right. Actually too many don't think aobout their lawns until they are getting tall... I think that holds true for any outside type work, most people don't think about it until they are comfortable to go out and look at what needs to be done.

She, Iv'e always been told to NEVER use paper to start a fire in a fireplace...

Jason Rose
03-01-2006, 10:42 PM
Also any thoughts on taping a flyer to the mailbox. It would prevent blow aways.

Well besides being illegal... tape it to their doors if you must. But be prepared for a couple calls from people that will be ticked about the tape on their doors. I just don't think people care about their lawn, in general, if it's frigid cold or if there's a little snow flying around...

danslawncare
03-01-2006, 10:43 PM
by the way, sorry guys its effect, not affect

CAG
03-01-2006, 10:57 PM
Every year the same thing happens almost all the people wait for the last minute to call.. I don't think it would be a bad thing to send out flyer's a little early (like 4 to 6 weeks before the grass in your area starts to grow) some people like to plan ahead of time. Plus if you start early you advertise for some clean-ups.

easycareacres
03-01-2006, 11:00 PM
I find is employees are the let down as fatiq {carnt spell drinking} and they had enough around 1-2 pm.
Its fair coment but if own a buss you go hard or stay home.

befnme
03-01-2006, 11:31 PM
I find is employees are the let down as fatiq {carnt spell drinking} and they had enough around 1-2 pm.
Its fair coment but if own a buss you go hard or stay home.

i think the drinkin got to ya easycareacres i dont understand what you mean compared to the original posted question !! lol.:laugh:

salandscape
03-01-2006, 11:37 PM
Any time a prospect sees your name it is a step in the right direction. I've read it takes someone seeing a company name 27 times before they really associate the company with the service they provide. Get your name and message in front of them as many times as possible. I don't believe it is illegal to tape a flyer to the outside of the mailbox, but it is illegal to put it in it.

easycareacres
03-01-2006, 11:42 PM
sorry Bfnme i have miss read question, pardon myself only get on here drinking and time off.
Back to question yes weather has the call spring etc many customers do leave to last minute and they norm the ones are lousy payers.

Green-Pro
03-01-2006, 11:44 PM
I haven't had much luck with advertising methods with the exception of word of mouth.

So I don't really advertise to heavy, but I do send promotional mailers out throughout the year to regular accounts and even one time customers, even the one timers that have us do the smallest jobs. I do this so I am keeping my company name circulating, I don't care if most throw it away or whatever, I just want to keep the name out there. I also take the time once a week to just drive around my market area while running a few errands. I offer promotions to my accounts based upon referrals, etc.

befnme
03-01-2006, 11:50 PM
i beleive it does have a part in our ability to get work . i think customers figure if it is to cold for them well it must be to cold for me.

samk
03-02-2006, 01:12 AM
Will start putting my flyers out next Mon. we are in single digit temps and I am plowing Thurs. It may be a tad early but the people that are interested will keep the flyer (thats been my exp) and call.

sheshovel
03-02-2006, 01:48 AM
That was a joke Jason..a little joke.I have a woodstove