PDA

View Full Version : The complete lawn and landscape guide

howardsells2000
03-01-2006, 10:47 PM
Have any of you ordered the complete lawn and landscape guide that is offered on this site? What were your thoughts?

howardsells2000
03-01-2006, 10:50 PM
Sorry it's called "The complete lawn and landscape business operations guide".

SLC, LLC
03-02-2006, 12:00 AM
I orderd this as well as the commercial property manual. there was some good information in there as far as advertising and business stuff goes. the biggest thing i liked were some of the example letters and stuff. i am usually pretty good with these items, but i gained quite a few valuable tips from inside of here. If there is anything else I can help with, please feel free to message me.

Jdmtnbikr
03-02-2006, 12:10 AM
Have any of you ordered the complete lawn and landscape guide that is offered on this site? What were your thoughts?

I wonder if it is as good as "Owning and Operating a Landscaping Business" by Owen Dell. (I think thats the name of the book). That is a great book. Anyone else read it?? Highly recommended.

howardsells2000
03-03-2006, 11:28 PM
I just recieved my CD, "The Cutting Edge!" Starting or Growning your Existing Lawn Care Business, I bought from ebay. I put it in the computer and was finished with it in about 30 minutes. I was not impressed. It only cost me $9.95 but what a waste.

dtelawncare
03-03-2006, 11:35 PM
I am currently reading How to Start a Home Based Landscaping Business by Owen Dell. So far I have found this book to be very informative. Many things I hadn't thought of.

Splicer
03-03-2006, 11:52 PM
I just recieved my CD, "The Cutting Edge!" Starting or Growning your Existing Lawn Care Business, I bought from ebay. I put it in the computer and was finished with it in about 30 minutes. I was not impressed. It only cost me $9.95 but what a waste.
I heard the 39.95 program was better than the 9.95 program. I thought about the 9.95 one but figured it was too good (of price) to be true (decent) so never ordered it. Glad of that now.

palawnman
03-04-2006, 09:09 AM
I bought something along the lines of what you guys are talking about. I think mine was "Lawn Care Business", I am not sure though, it was very expensive. I must admit, I didnt get anything earth shattering out of it, but I did get some tid bits that I may have overlooked had it not been in front of me, I dont remember what they are now, but I remember thinking that it was an all right purchase back when I first got it. Also it can with some templates for est. flyers, service agreements, spring letters, etc. I think more than anything I have looked at those a couple of times, just to see how to word some things and get some ideas. Bottom line, I dont know if I would ever spend alot of money on any of those cd's unless you are completely starting from scratch (as far as knowledge) but they are not bad for light reading and some general feedback on stuff that you will come across.

Ron

Paradise Landscapes
03-04-2006, 09:40 AM
I am currently reading How to Start a Home Based Landscaping Business by Owen Dell. So far I have found this book to be very informative. Many things I hadn't thought of.

I own the 6th edition of that book. I love it. I was wondering if there was anything negative with any books from Lawn care success?

nephilim0167
03-04-2006, 11:44 AM

I've read that book numerous times and I seem to learn something new every time I read it. Really is worth the money. I think I paid 25 retail but you can get it for 10 bucks shipped on eBay.

EID
03-04-2006, 06:35 PM
Save your money