PDA

View Full Version : 2006 off to bad start

burns60
03-01-2006, 11:28 PM
First day back went like this: Started out using by backup mower because it has the bagger and was picking up some gum balls. After about an hour it throws belt so I just load it up and go to swap it at the shop for my primary mower which has the mulching kit still on from fall cleanups. (shop only mile away) Before I can finish the job the battery goes out on the 2nd mower. Only 2 miles to auto parts store so I remove battery and go to buy replacement. Get back and decide since the battery compartment never gets cleaned out that now would be a good time to do so. Take the backpack and blow all of the trash out and start to re-install new battery. That is when I realize that while blowing the trash out I have also blown the battery bolts and wingnuts away. Finally find all but one bolt. After mounting the positive terminal and trying to find another bolt for the neg terminal I notice that the neg lead is not going to reach the post. I had bought the wrong battery. So, load it up and go back to auto parts house to get battery with the post inverted so it will fit. Go back by the shop and get another bolt for neg post. Arrive back at job and install battery after finding the lost bolt laying about a foot from the mower. Finally everything worked and was able to finish without further delay and even had time to go to another job.

Each time something went wrong I would say "what else can go wrong today?" And it was like God would say "well try this."

After finishing 2nd job I headed for home. On the way I stopped back by the 1st job and picked up my trimmer that I had left in the back yard.

I thought on the way home, "you really ought to fire yourself for the way you did your job today."

Hope everyone else starts out better than I did today.

Jpocket
03-01-2006, 11:36 PM
Yep we'vre all had days like that...but don't jinx us.

cwlawley
03-01-2006, 11:39 PM
I had a similar day yesterday. I pull the wb out and flat tire...have to drive 15 miles to have it fixed. I go into the back yard to mow, which is supposed to have a 48" gate and nope....it is 44" and I can't fit...so I end up doing about .22 acres with a 21 inch mower that also still set up for mulching. Then I almost flip the trailer...of course everything in the back get messed up, etc.etc.etc.

I am just happy that I have work right now and that the business is growing!

PLM-1
03-01-2006, 11:54 PM
Could be worse. You could have taken the walkbehind down the steps and then couldn't get it out!

Madstriper
03-02-2006, 12:03 AM
Thats a good one PLM, I read that for the first time an hour ago. I could see something like this happening to me. I mean really, I can just picture this happening, too funny.

promower
03-02-2006, 12:38 AM
How bout this for a bad start to 2006. January 1st, 2006 engine seized on truck, $4000:cry: That cant be a good sign for this year.

Green-Pro
03-02-2006, 12:58 AM
Well Burnsy the good news is the season is very very young and the powers that be have set the bar low for ya. Now aim high :waving:

jt5019
03-02-2006, 01:06 AM
Could be worse i had to put my sander and plow back on today :)

burns60
03-02-2006, 11:40 PM
Well Burnsy the good news is the season is very very young and the powers that be have set the bar low for ya. Now aim high :waving:

Nice way of saying I can only go up from here. Good point.