PDA

View Full Version : Billy Goat Leaf Vacuum

ztrguy
03-02-2006, 06:32 PM
Who uses a walk behind Billy 24" Goat Leaf Vacuum for leaf cleanups? Please let me know your reviews on this piece of equipment. Is it worth it? Do you use it exclusively for leaf cleanups or do you use it with a leaf loader/box setup?

ztrguy
03-03-2006, 11:17 AM
Anyone use a walk behind type Leaf Vacuum???? If so, how does it work? It says it can clean 21,000 square ft per hour. What do you think?

cush
03-03-2006, 02:14 PM
They work good on pavement but not in grass. they start loosing suction when the bag gets half full. I bought mine primarily for a HOA to get the streets and gutters. A blower and leaf loader would be much faster.

impactlandscaping
03-03-2006, 03:27 PM
We use ours for the same tasks as Cush. Not very effective on grass, but great on hard surfaces, especially picking up small litter and cig. butts.

Pecker
03-03-2006, 05:41 PM
I have one and it works great, even in the grass unless you are trying to pick up thick pine straw in the grass. The only drawback I see is that emptying the bag is a major PITA - its heavy and a very dusty job. But when you gotta have one you gotta have one.

Kilroy
03-03-2006, 05:54 PM
I have one and it works great, even in the grass unless you are trying to pick up thick pine straw in the grass. The only drawback I see is that emptying the bag is a major PITA - its heavy and a very dusty job. But when you gotta have one you gotta have one.Same here. Wouldn't be without mine. I adjusted the height level adjuster on mine so the vacuum nozzle is about 1 inch from the ground when set on the 2nd lowest click. The 1st lowest click is for vacuuming driveways/sidewalks. Nozzle almost touches pavement. Never had a problem overfilling the bag. HTH

cantoo
03-03-2006, 09:29 PM
Ours was too slow for us.

Stafford Landscaping
03-03-2006, 09:53 PM
We use ours for General clean up and after mulching. Ours has a chipper on
it but it doesn't really work that great if you have one little tree branch it's ok
but if you have alot it's just easier to throw them in the truck. It also has the hose attachment and it does work excellent in getting around shrubery and hard to get places.