PDA

View Full Version : peco vac or 2 bag material collection system

Jcs Lawn and Landscape
03-02-2006, 09:55 PM
hey everyone im buying a lesco 54 inch ztr with the 23 hp kawasaki in it in a couple of weeks. I am debating wether to buy the 3 bag material collection system or the peco material collection system. The peci collection system is double then the spindle drivin 3 bag material system. Which one do you think is the better choice for my mower and also how much longer does this stick off the lawnmower because i need it to fit on my 5x8 trailer

HenryB
03-02-2006, 11:27 PM
How much is the 3 bag spindle driven ? It looks good from their brochure.

hole in one lco
03-02-2006, 11:57 PM
How much is the 3 bag spindle driven ? It looks good from their brochure.
1100 is what i was told

Jcs Lawn and Landscape
03-03-2006, 02:43 PM
so does anyone have any opinions on which one is better

Edgewater
03-03-2006, 04:21 PM
As a rule, I do not like the spindle driven ones. I had one on a 23hp 52 inch toro. It was OK, but nothing to write home about. Before that is was on a 17HP 44" machine and when you engaged the blades it almost stalled it.

I have since bought a trac vac and I like that much better. Yes is burns gas and has to be maintained. I had too add 120# to the front of the mower as a counter weight, but man can you bag grass at full speed.

Adam

Jcs Lawn and Landscape
03-03-2006, 04:36 PM
As a rule, I do not like the spindle driven ones. I had one on a 23hp 52 inch toro. It was OK, but nothing to write home about. Before that is was on a 17HP 44" machine and when you engaged the blades it almost stalled it.

I have since bought a trac vac and I like that much better. Yes is burns gas and has to be maintained. I had too add 120# to the front of the mower as a counter weight, but man can you bag grass at full speed.

Adam
thanks for the post i just made the decision and did purchase the peco material collection system with the 6hp motor

mowtime
03-03-2006, 09:09 PM
I bought a peco with a 6hp kohler for my JD 737, Tons better than the spindle driven type. A friend has the spindle type and burned a belt up the first time it was used, also spindle driven usually has a plastic impeller, pecos has a metal one. Good choice and you do not have to leave the seat to dump (big advantage)