PDA

View Full Version : How did the Allectus work?

HydroRI
03-02-2006, 09:58 PM
I was reading previous threads about Allectus but I have not seen any recent posts on this product. I was thinking of trying it this year instead of Merit. I do charge for surface and subsurface feeders so why not make it one step. I think it is only a 7 or 8 dollars difference in bag price. If I use it it will be the Andersons with fertilizer. Any suggestions or comments from anyone who has used this product?

lawnservice
03-02-2006, 11:26 PM
Allectus combines imidacloprid and bifenthrin (merit and talstar)

naturescape
03-03-2006, 10:29 AM
You might consider what I'm doing this year. Switching from Merit to Mach2. Last year most lawns I treated with Merit had to be retreated with Dylox because of sod webwoms, which Merit does not control. Looks like Mach2 will offer more control with just the one application. And it's guaranteed. Hoping it works anyway.........

HydroRI
03-03-2006, 11:18 AM
Has anyone used the Allectus yet and has anything to say about the results?

upidstay
03-03-2006, 12:48 PM
Allectus is newly registered here in CT. so nobody has used it yet. As far as the Mach 2 switch goes, I would stick with Merit. We had alot of Merit failures around here last year, and all of them were on lawns that had the produict applied way to early and then not adequately watered in. I have used Mach 2, know plenty of guys who used to use it, and it stinks. Allectus shouls prove to be a terrific product. Talstar and Merit are both great, and we always use to end up doing double applications. This will save alot of labor.

lawn king
03-03-2006, 01:05 PM
The rate of A I per acre is higher with allectus (for grubs) than it is for merit. You really need to take a hard look at all the numbers to see if it's the way to go, time savings,product cost & coverage,performance on the surface and rate of photodecompisition. We are still crunching the numbers but are leaning toward waiting until next year.

turfsurfer
03-05-2006, 07:47 PM
Lawn King, I am also waiting to see what happens. Personally I was dissapointed when reading the label for granular with fert.. They need to increase the percentage of bifenthrin to make me seriously consider using it. The high rate of 5.7 lbs per 1000 is the same as the regular Talstar granular. At that rate and considering the premium price, I would rather keep the apps split at a Bifenthrin spray and a MachII granular applied at the optimum times for each pest. I am not totally sold on the idea that I can put Allectus down in early May to catch Billbug adults and chinch bugs as they become active, and still have the residual there to take care of the grubs in August.

lawn king
03-06-2006, 02:37 PM
I think we are going to continue our normal routine of separate apps. of talstar & merit, it's worked out very well for us! Good luck to those going down the allectus path, lots of us will very interested in the results you attain!

ant
06-02-2006, 04:03 PM
up up up up