PDA

View Full Version : blower racks vs. truck bed

stevesmowing
03-02-2006, 11:05 PM
I was wondering what most people on here use. In the past I have just put them in the truck bed but I thought it would be nice to have all the mowing stuff stay right on the trailer. I have a trimmer rack now. I have a eb630 and redmax 8000 blowers.

impactlandscaping
03-02-2006, 11:41 PM
Much more organized, streamlined, secure ,and professional looking with the equipment secured on racks on the trailer IMHO. You never have to worry about broken throttles or stolen equipment if it's locked on racks on the trailer.:waving:

You can get set up nicely with a 2 place blower pole, 3 place trimmer rack, gas can holder and sprayer rack for around $ 300 or so.

rodneyskip
03-03-2006, 12:57 AM
Just drive an avalanche and put all the handheld stuff in the secure bed of your truck.

K&L Landscaping
03-03-2006, 09:03 AM
Go with the racks! More secure and portrays a professional image.

chefdrp
03-03-2006, 02:07 PM
i have racks and like the. I can now have grass clippings or mulch in the bed and not have my blowers and trimmers get burried.

burns60
03-04-2006, 12:41 AM
I was wondering what most people on here use. In the past I have just put them in the truck bed but I thought it would be nice to have all the mowing stuff stay right on the trailer. I have a trimmer rack now. I have a eb630 and redmax 8000 blowers.
Good question and worth some thought. I just started using a blower rack this year. Sure like the convenience. My only thought about the down side. Today I realized that it is really a sitting duck for theft. I usually kept it locked in the truck bed but it was out of sight and occasionally if I left it unlocked for a short time I didn't worry (much) since it was out of sight. Now, with it being more visible I feel like I have to keep it locked all the time it isn't in use, but that I'm sure is the best thing anyway. So, I vote for the trailer mounted rack.

Keyed alike locks are a good investment also. Saves loads of time when 1 key can get anything unlocked.

Envy Lawn Service
03-04-2006, 12:56 AM
I think the racks are nice for the security.
They also provide easier access than some truck beds as well.

But speaking of racks... I don't think many use these, but I'm thinking of going to the Buyers brand trimmer rack. One lock and single handle release. Trimmer, brushcutter, edger. What do you guys think?

http://www.northerntool.com/images/product/images/143865_lg.jpg

befnme
03-04-2006, 02:36 AM
I think the racks are nice for the security.
They also provide easier access than some truck beds as well.

But speaking of racks... I don't think many use these, but I'm thinking of going to the Buyers brand trimmer rack. One lock and single handle release. Trimmer, brushcutter, edger. What do you guys think?

http://www.northerntool.com/images/product/images/143865_lg.jpg

hey envy,
have you looked at the ones that www.j-thomas.com have ? thats what i use and they are great . one lock does it all....

Richard Martin
03-04-2006, 09:19 AM
I use the Trimmer Trap brand. You can open them with one hand and they're fairly secure. Security is really a moot point because if someone is determined to get your stuff they will regardless of where you lock or keep it.

A man once told me that locks are only designed to keep honest people honest.

stevesmowing
03-05-2006, 10:35 AM
I have a trimmer trap rack for my trimmers now and it is great. I plan on getting a rack for my shindaiwa eb630 and redmax 8000. I am debating if I want to get a double or two singles. This fall I might be getting another redmax 8000 or the new shindaiwa eb8510. Any thoughts on the double or two singles?

Envy Lawn Service
03-05-2006, 09:21 PM
hey envy,
have you looked at the ones that www.j-thomas.com have ? thats what i use and they are great . one lock does it all....

No I haven't... I'll have to check that out. Thanks.