PDA

View Full Version : Charging for Spring/Fall Cleanup?

Splicer
03-02-2006, 11:27 PM
How is the pricing figured out for cleanup? Normal man hour rate or...?

Splicer
03-03-2006, 04:32 PM
:walking: Bump...

CAG
03-03-2006, 04:59 PM
I wouldn't go by the hour on fall clean-ups because the pricing for repeat customers will never be the same. Their is way to much to factor in on the time it will take to do a leaf clean-up. Examples would be leaves wet or dry, windy days, did the neighbors blow into the yard or did yours go into theirs and so on and so on.. Their are plenty of clean-ups that we have done in two hrs one year and then the next year they took four hrs. Try to explain that the bill is twice as much this year because it's windy today..The winter in the northeast comes so quick you really cant pick days that are ideal to work you just have to go and get them done anyway possible.. I hate leaves!!!!

Vinny
03-03-2006, 05:16 PM
I charge per hour, but will give an estimate to the homeowner, I have been close with my estimates though. I am lucky because my good word has meant everything.

OutdoorExtras
03-03-2006, 06:20 PM
I normally charged 25% more than cutting ($45-60.00 or so per man hour + 25%) but never under $100.00 total. Then charge a disposal fee (if applicable).

J&R Landscaping
03-03-2006, 09:55 PM
How is the pricing figured out for cleanup? Normal man hour rate or...?

What kind of equipment will you be using to do this work? Back pack blower, rake and tarp? Need more info.....