PDA

View Full Version : meg mo systems what do you think ??

M RASCOE&SONS
03-03-2006, 10:28 AM
i went and searched some info about the meg-mo blades system and i was wondering on just performance alone would they be worth the price compared too highlifts or gators for all seasons of mowing or woud just having regular blades sharpened be just as good.they will be going on 2 laser 60inch exmarks with liquid cooled 27 kawis:drinkup:

JRG12
03-03-2006, 11:07 AM
Meg-mo's will certainly cut down on the frequency of sharpening blades. You will also notice your grass/leaves being cut up finer with less clumping. This will obviously eliminate some double cutting.

Are they worth the money? Depends on how valuable your time is. You will spend less time sharpening and slightly less time mowing. Knives will also last longer than standard blades.

Speaking strictly performance- Just keep with set of highlifts sharp. In the fall double them up with a set of gattors and you will basically have the same performance as meg-mo.

landbud
12-16-2006, 11:58 AM
I had a set of meg mo's sent them back had them on 20 hp ztr every time on turned on the blades it would just about stall the mower for 160 dollars I DON'T NEED THEM TO KILL MY MOWER

dcgreenspro
12-16-2006, 12:55 PM
nice blades, good system try doubles first to see if you like that sort of thing.

corey4671
12-16-2006, 01:04 PM
Hey lnadbud, just out of curiosity, did you have any trouble getting your money back from MegMo when you returned those blades?

landbud
12-16-2006, 01:38 PM
no had no trouble from them as far as that is they asked a few quetions sent my money back

Jeds_Lawn_Care
03-01-2007, 05:41 PM
Just got off of the phone w/ Mr. Roy Megli (inventor of Meg-mo blades). He told me he guarantees 100% of the product price back if you aren't satisfied.

Lawnsmithcare
03-01-2007, 06:35 PM
I talked to him yesterday and it sound like a great product he uses them daily I will be ordering 2 sets this spring.

Jeds_Lawn_Care
03-03-2007, 10:10 PM
Mr. Lawnsmith, let me know how you like these things.

causalitist
03-04-2007, 01:45 PM
oh, i was under the impression that they were lighter.. but if they are stalling engines then they arent.

one of the main reasons i am considering them is i thought they were lighter.. i.e. less belt/clutch/engine wear... but if they are stalling engines then its a tradeoff.. performance for wear.

anyone else have anything to say about the weight and/or engine load?

Oneman2mowers
03-19-2007, 07:46 PM
anyone have any input on using them around rocks, roots and the like?

Green Thumb Mowing Srvcs.
03-25-2007, 11:14 PM
Here is my opinion and experience, I purchased a set and a set of spare knives or blades. When I installed them and used the mower for the first time it sounded like a helicopter and it just about vibrated me out of the seat. I thought maybe I had gotten a bad set so I called Roy and he acted like he was offended. He told me to change out the knives which I did and they shook just about as bad. When I would get into thick grass the knives would fold back and leave strips of uncut grass in between the blades. This was using a JD 737 Z (23hp) I sent them back and received my money back in about a month. Maybe I got a bad set, Maybe not? Some guys like them I just want to be fair. They did not work for me and if your in thick or high grass, I don't see how they could work.:confused:

LawnScapers of Dayton
03-26-2007, 06:14 AM
They are my fall blades. They are great for shreding leaves. I have not had great luck with them in the spring. Tall wet grass is not where they shine.....

LawnSharks
03-26-2007, 08:22 AM
Thanks for giving this input. We were considering trying a set on one of the Lazer Z's but I think we'll hold off. Might be great in the fall but not now. You guys just confirmed my intuitions!