PDA

View Full Version : 2006 Pricing for 60" ZTR's

CP Estates
03-03-2006, 02:16 PM
Although I seem to have made my mind up to purchase the new Gravely 260Z in the next few weeks, before I do I wanted to hear from you all where the pricing is for the top (you decide what that means) 2006 60" ZTR's.

Is there a real sleeper of a machine out there that does a good / great job and can leave some green in my pocket?

DUG
03-03-2006, 02:48 PM
FerrisIndustries.com Alot of bang for the buck!

procut
03-03-2006, 10:13 PM
I know for a fact Toro Z Masters 62" 27hp are 7800, tax included. I beleive Deere comes in considerably less for a similar machene.

jtkplc
03-03-2006, 10:18 PM
Lesco (just like Cub Cadet Commercial) 60" with 25 HP Kawasaki is $6299 on their website.

Bay de Noc Lawn Car
03-03-2006, 10:32 PM
Grasshopper 223 $7200 = better cut + better machine + better hill side stability

jtkplc
03-03-2006, 10:37 PM
Grasshopper 223 $7200 = better cut + better machine + better hill side stability

Better than....?

Prove it....:laugh:

Bay de Noc Lawn Car
03-03-2006, 11:17 PM
I run two gravely walk behinds they are great machines. I also run two grasshopper ztrs. I am in no way saying that the gravely 260 is not a fine machine, it is. I have run both machines that I mentioned, and I feel that the grasshopper is the better preforming machine. Here are a few of the areas I feel that the grasshopper is better: operator vision, quality of cut, evenness of cut, bagging options, attachments, company backup, overall stability on uneven terrain and hills, greasable spindles, better engine options, quick change attachments, more compact, I can't think of any more right now.

Just my opinion.

jtkplc
03-03-2006, 11:27 PM
Alrighty, I thought you might be one of those guys that says their brand is better than ALL other brands. I'm glad to hear you're just comparing it to the Gravely. In fact, I would agree with most of the comparisons you made.

ProStreetCamaro
03-05-2006, 08:39 PM
I run two gravely walk behinds they are great machines. I also run two grasshopper ztrs. I am in no way saying that the gravely 260 is not a fine machine, it is. I have run both machines that I mentioned, and I feel that the grasshopper is the better preforming machine. Here are a few of the areas I feel that the grasshopper is better: operator vision, quality of cut, evenness of cut, bagging options, attachments, company backup, overall stability on uneven terrain and hills, greasable spindles, better engine options, quick change attachments, more compact, I can't think of any more right now.

Just my opinion.

You may be right on some of those but its all a matter of oppinion really. My friend owns a mower shop and sells grasshopper ztr's. Well he tried to sell them. Nobody around here would buy them. Come to think of it I have never even seen one being used or on anybodys trailor for that matter. Makes ya wonder why? I have used gravely, scag, bobcat, bunton, exmark and I feel like I am missing another one. But anyway I would have to rate them like this.

1. Gravely
2. Tie between exmark and bobcat
3 Bunton
4. Scag

Let me explain why. All the gravelys we have owned have been built like a tank, cut exceptionaly well, easy to maintain and easy to operate.

The bobcats and exmarks have both cut exceptionaly well but have been harder to maintain (poor location for general maintenance items), dont feel like they are built quit as good (but still good) and they are easy to operate.

The bunton cut pretty good but had no dealer support in my area other wise it was an ok mower

The scags have all ben a POS from every angle you look at it. Poorly designed, horrible cut and harder to operate.

Now again these are just my oppinion but the fact is all of them do what they are designed to do and they all do it fairly well (except for the scags we owned). So I say to the original thread starter, If you can get a fair price on the Gravely and have a good dealer that will support you if you need it then go for it. You wont be disappointed.

Envy Lawn Service
03-05-2006, 10:04 PM
Lesco (just like Cub Cadet Commercial) 60" with 25 HP Kawasaki is $6299 on their website.

I have to agree with that one.
Just as good if not better in every catagory.
Plus you keep 2-3K in your pocket.

The Grasshoppers and the Gravelys are nice machines too.
But I would not want less than 25hp (gas) on any 60" mower.

Bay de Noc Lawn Car
03-05-2006, 10:25 PM
You may be right on some of those but its all a matter of oppinion really. My friend owns a mower shop and sells grasshopper ztr's. Well he tried to sell them. Nobody around here would buy them. Come to think of it I have never even seen one being used or on anybodys trailor for that matter. Makes ya wonder why? I have used gravely, scag, bobcat, bunton, exmark and I feel like I am missing another one. But anyway I would have to rate them like this.

You really should try a grasshopper so you can compare, especially sense your friend sells them. Gravely is a well built machine, it was also well priced in 2005. I just like the grasshopper better simply because it preformed much better in the demos.

As far as grasshopper not haveing much of a market share in you part of the country, it is realy quite common for a some brands not to be players in some markets. Up in my market---whats an exmark? This is usally caused by a bad rep or bad dealers, or the fact that there are no dealers.

Bay de Noc Lawn Car
03-05-2006, 10:37 PM
The Grasshoppers and the Gravelys are nice machines too.
But I would not want less than 25hp (gas) on any 60" mower.

I thought it had ok power, though I would not want to mulch with it. I simply recommended the 223 based on price. I prefer the kubota engines.

Envy Lawn Service
03-05-2006, 11:23 PM
I thought it had ok power, though I would not want to mulch with it. I simply recommended the 223 based on price. I prefer the kubota engines.

Me too... I like the midmount diesels best.

When Grasshopper came on the scene here, no one had one. Now they are the most popular mower in my area. That's not because they are the cheapest or for no reason at all. They are nice mowers that perform well. They are just not pretty is all... lol....

MOW ED
03-06-2006, 07:12 AM
My mowers are the best! For me.:clapping:

Because they make me money.payup