PDA

View Full Version : Tall fescue control in Bluegrass Lawn

firedude26
03-03-2006, 03:32 PM
I have a couple customers that have tall fescue in there bluegrass lawns. I have taken care of this before with roundup and reseed, but these lawns are each 5 acres and alot of spot. I have read an article about lesco tfc, but i cant find it in lesco. It is suppose to slowly kill off tall fescue in bluegrass lawns. I was wondering if any of you have ran into this problem and what your cures was? I would really like to take care of this another way then killing and reseeding. Yes i am licensed. Thanks in advance.

MStine315
03-03-2006, 05:21 PM
The replacement product for TFC is called Corsair by Riverdale. It's the same a.i. and formulation, I think Lesco just sold it to Riverdale. I used it a couple years ago and had fair to good results. Just keep in mind the tall fescue clumps are usually so dense that there's not a lot a bluegrass left to recover and what's there recovers slowly. But if they are 5A lots the spots might be less obvious than on someone's postage stamp. It works, just don't over sell it. It's not a miracle cure. Good Luck, Marc

get rich
03-03-2006, 06:55 PM
I had great result with corsair, it does stress out the bluegrass a little, but with a good fert program it the bluegrass took the area over and fescue disappeared. Unless you are dealing with larger than bowlingball size spots, then you might need to reseed.

firedude26
03-03-2006, 08:15 PM
Thanks guys, i did get some info from lesco about corsair. I will give it a try.

Tscape
03-03-2006, 11:04 PM
Let us know the results eh?

firedude26
03-03-2006, 11:23 PM
sure wil but i dont plan on doing this till warmer weather.

Tscape
03-04-2006, 10:39 AM
that goes without saying. But I am thinking about greener times everyday. :)