PDA

View Full Version : Liability Insurance Quotes

hect911
03-03-2006, 04:24 PM
I am trying to get a good deal on a 500,000 liability insurance (thats the minimum for my city). Can any of you guys lead me in the right direction.

I should be getting a few quotes on Monday from a few local companies.

Your advice is appreciated.

Thanks

ESprinklers
03-04-2006, 11:58 AM
We have been with the same agent for years now. RLI was writing commercial lawn care policies which were VERY reasonable. When we first started out we were going through RLI and had a 1Mil policy which ran about $400 a year off of about $40,000 per year gross sales. I was told lately though that they were no longer going to be writing these. We are no longer covered by RLI just due to our business growing and needing some coverages that RLI didn't handle. I will give you our agents name and you can contact her directly for an additional quote. Can never have to many of these. I also have a guy who writes commecial vehicle insurance too that is about 1/2 of what we were quoted everywhere else.

Our liability agents name is:

Judeth Jenkins
Select Insurance Group
903-455-2664

Hope she is able to help.

Curtis

hect911
03-06-2006, 01:28 AM
I'll give her a call tomorrow (Monday). I'll post whatever quote she gives me.

Thanks

twj721
03-06-2006, 05:37 AM
I am trying to get a good deal on a 500,000 liability insurance (thats the minimum for my city). Can any of you guys lead me in the right direction.

I should be getting a few quotes on Monday from a few local companies.

Your advice is appreciated.

Thanks
just got mine through Texas Farm bureau for $589.00 a year on $1million with 500,000 per claim, $1000.00 dedutible set it up on 1/4 payments of $147.25 Hope this helps you Good luck Twj

The Irritator
03-07-2006, 12:02 PM
Sounds like you guys are getting a good deal. Mine is based off of payroll and is 4%. We run 200K in payroll so you do the math.

hect911
03-11-2006, 10:44 PM
This is what I got.

1629.00 a year for 1 Million 500,000. per occurence and other stuff I couldnt understand.

I will go with a local company for 795.00 a year for 500,000 agg and 500,000 per occurence.

WalkerMike98
03-11-2006, 10:59 PM
If you walk into an insurance office what do you ask for. Commericial Liability Insurance or what. What do I say. Thanks

hect911
03-12-2006, 11:43 AM
As soon as I got my License, I called the city offices and spoke to the inspector in charge of irrigation installs.

He briefly told me what I needed to conduct business in the city and then referred me to the engineering division.

They advised me that if I wanted to install sprinklers on the city right of way (which is the first ten feet of your property) I would need a minimum of $500,000 general liability insurance, a $1000 irrigation bond and a $1000 excavation bond.

I called my insurance and asked for just that!

Both bonds cost me $125 each and the insurance cost me $795.00 a year.

By the way, I am kind of low in funds so I haven't gotten my insurance (I will in a week or two).

DanaMac
03-13-2006, 09:54 AM
Mine is $530 for $2 million.

ESprinklers
03-13-2006, 02:45 PM
Mike98,

Just walk into your insurance agency and tell them you are needing a quote on general liabililty insurance for an irrigation company. They are most likely going to ask you what your gross sales are and how much coverage you are going to need. I would suggest getting 1mil if you can swing it. Most commercial accounts will generally require at least 1mil in order to bid the job.

SOUTHERNGREENSCAPES
03-14-2006, 11:42 PM
Going Tomorrow To Set Up Mine. My Nationwide Rep Quoted 2mil Per Claim And A 2mil Aggregate (per Year) With 13k In Equipment Coverage And A $250 Deductable. I Shopped Around And This Was A Very Resonable Quote To Me. You May Ask Why 2mil.??? It Was Only $10 More A Year Than One Million.

PurpHaze
03-15-2006, 08:22 AM
My partner and I were talking about liability insurance yesterday during break. Before coming to work for the district he worked for a company that did sewer line installs. At that time they were only required to have $1mil in liability insurance but carried $5mil. He said that it helped them land contracts with the city by having the extra liability insurance. All things being equal with other companies they would get the bids because the city felt safer (from potential incidents) with their larger liability amount.

hect911
03-15-2006, 06:55 PM
Good point!

Critical Care
03-18-2006, 10:39 PM
I know that a number of retirement/rest homes won't even consider you unless if you carry $2mil in liability. When you think about it, those are places where people could easily get physically hurt. All it would take is one alzheimer’s patient to wander off into one of your trenches and you could be in deep trouble.

PurpHaze
03-19-2006, 11:19 AM
I know that a number of retirement/rest homes won't even consider you unless if you carry $2mil in liability. When you think about it, those are places where people could easily get physically hurt. All it would take is one alzheimerís patient to wander off into one of your trenches and you could be in deep trouble.

Or wander off into a nearby lava tube. :laugh:

Pro-Scapes
03-19-2006, 11:42 AM
When calling make sure you tell them you use a trencher if you do. Ours stayed the same as we went into lighting as its low voltage but if we used mechanical trenchers it went up. We do all our digging by hand.

If your not honest with them to try and save a buck it could bite you if and when you ever need to file a claim. Be sure to get commercial liability on your vehicals as well. Its not worth losing your butt over savign a few bucks.

Way I see it insurance is reasonable for the piece of mind it provides. I hope its just money out the window and I never need it but very relaxing knowing we wont be losing our house and everything else we have worked hard to get.