PDA

View Full Version : Everride mower?

Palmer'sLS
03-03-2006, 07:24 PM
has anyone ever seen/used these mowers? I had a dealer try to talk me into one today while looking at a hustler....now i am already sold on the hustler....but im just wondering if anyone has ever heard of the everride thanks

Green King
03-04-2006, 10:10 AM
I tried one out and did a side by side comparison to the hustler I would definetly get one if you need a 60" cut or so. Awesome performance and there mower deck is just impressive. You could do a search on here and get lots of info!

Green King
03-04-2006, 10:12 AM
by the way we were running a Warrior 60" vs. the 60" Super Z.

Palmer'sLS
03-04-2006, 10:15 AM
im looking at the 52" supermini z...but somehiow i came across the line of everrides at a dealer and was just wondering...thanks alot

Green King
03-04-2006, 09:43 PM
I would demo both machines. I liked the everide deck better but the machines are very similar.

4LLAWNSINC
03-04-2006, 10:52 PM
Just purchased a 52" scorpion today. The dealer sold me on everrides quality control at there factory in NE. More peole that I talked to about there riders are happy with them, and I looked at the deck on them and it is like none I have ever seen. Looks like it would do well with tall grass.

HenryB
03-04-2006, 10:55 PM
Does the Scorpion have the Dane deck or the Everride deck?

4LLAWNSINC
03-04-2006, 11:03 PM
It is the dane deck. I was stuck between sufer 2 and this mower. The scorpion is exactly the same except for colors. I asked the rep about if the were planing on putting a everride deck on it and he said no.

maxess1000
03-15-2006, 07:22 PM
Anyone looking at Everride mowers, be very careful. I worked for a distributor that took this line on two years ago. The decks are awesome and the cut is fantastic. The problems with this mowers hydraulics are many. At least 25 updates to hydro system in two years. Lots of failures.
Auburn Consolidated Industries has been around a long time as a component manufacturer for kubota, John Deere, and Ford New Holland, Now they make scorpion, great dane and john deeres twin track or qwick trac. they are all pretty much the same except the decks. however this is their first foray into the wholegoods end. They have their work cut out.

maxess1000
03-15-2006, 07:27 PM
The rep lied to you. They has been a lot of talk of placing the everflow deck on the scorpion.

Envy Lawn Service
03-15-2006, 08:01 PM
My advice.... go with the Hustler.

But go to the full size Z or Super Z with the XR-7 deck.

I haven't heard and read good things about the Everrides. The owner, dealer and distributor reviews have not been good.

Green King
03-15-2006, 08:23 PM
The everide uses the same brand of pumps that hustler does. The exception is everide has cooling fans on the pumps and hustler uses a cooler. Envy is right dealer support should be something to watch for. In my town the hustler dealer is poor compared the everide dealer. In other words if the these two machines were equal in my area the everide is the one to own because of the dealer.

4LLAWNSINC
03-15-2006, 10:24 PM
Where is the talk of using the other deck?

lafrance4078
03-15-2006, 11:04 PM
I have a Warrior. I love it, and my employees love it. Everride did have a problem with Hydro Pumps, Maxess1000 was right. But, it was not everrides fault. Hydro Gear recieved a lot of bad seals that subsequently were istalled in the pumps. The problem has been fixed, under warrenty. ps Hustler and many other companies use HydroGear pumps.

WREBELMACHINE
03-17-2006, 02:59 PM
I hear that everide is comming out with a 66" deck. Too bad for me I would look harder at them if they had a 72" and diesel power.

br549oicu8
03-17-2006, 05:03 PM
We have 2 54" cut Everride Warriors and love them. Easy to service...built like a tank and not overpriced like many others.
:usflag:

tigger
03-20-2006, 02:35 PM
The EverRide Warrior unit has had 2 updates to the hydro system not 25?and they where from Hydro Gear Company.

rochenyguy
03-21-2006, 06:01 PM
Late last year there was a post from Turf magazine saying they were going to publish a field test of the Everride Warrior, I think in their November/December 2005 issue. I don't recall ever seeing that but maybe I missed it.

old dog 80
03-21-2006, 07:54 PM
It is the dane deck. I was stuck between sufer 2 and this mower. The scorpion is exactly the same except for colors. I asked the rep about if the were planing on putting a everride deck on it and he said no.
He is wrong ,I talked to a factory rep and next years model should have a
tunnel deck and the Warrior's style of height adjustment.What about quality
of cut which is THE most important in my book!

CuttinUP
03-21-2006, 08:13 PM
It is the dane deck. I was stuck between surfer 2 and this mower. The scorpion is exactly the same except for colors. I asked the rep about if the were planing on putting a everride deck on it and he said no.

I was at the local Ever Ride dealer last Friday and the Ever Ride Rep said that that was the Ever Ride Deck on the Scorpion, I don't know, didn't look at it that good, I would not own one of those standers or surfers, looks like an accident waiting to happen. I guess if all you did was flat ground it might be OK. I know people that have some of the standers and they hate them and always seem to use the WB or the ZTR, they might have a place but not in my area. Just my 2 cents!!:)

Envy Lawn Service
03-21-2006, 11:02 PM
The CURRENT Scorpion deck is a Great Dane Gen II deck.

If you want to know the in's and out's of it's performance just do a search.
I posted a review of the Chariot LX some time ago, which had that deck design.

Anyways, I really extremely highly doubt the EverFlow deck will out perform it anyway.
It might possibly stay cleaner underneath, but I don't think it will top it in any other department.

ozark lawn
06-29-2007, 08:47 AM
I have been running Everides for three years, Warrior 2560, and have yet to have any problems. One criticism is that I wish they would offer it in a 72" deck. They are very easy to work on and anyone can do the general maintenance themselves. As far as hydraulic concerns, I have not experienced any problems. Plainly put, the machines work and are reliable.

cybervision
06-29-2007, 09:12 AM
Make sure you demo that 52" Hustler on thick grass. I just bought a SuperMiniZ and I am looking into other machines because I have to re-cut over and over again to get rid of the clippings. If it had a good deck the machine would be perfect. It is most likely going back. I am going to demo a JD 757 next week.

WREBELMACHINE
06-30-2007, 08:43 PM
This is an older post! However I hear the company is in big trouble and they are haveing problems with spindles and belts real bad on the warrior.

kjslawn
06-30-2007, 10:32 PM
Everide all the way I have a 54 inch 25 Kaw I have mowed feilds that should have been bush hogged My dealer is awsome 24 hr service if needed. The articulating front deck is great also the deck hangs from the back the front of te deck is attaced to the front of the mower taking away any scalping. The article was in last month or two of turf mag.

Envy Lawn Service
07-01-2007, 12:44 AM
This is an older post! However I hear the company is in big trouble and they are haveing problems with spindles and belts real bad on the warrior.

Yeah, it's been belts, pulleys, spindles and caster yokes snapping off...

But I had thought they addressed these issues.... (?)

Maybe not...

WREBELMACHINE
07-02-2007, 11:44 PM
Maybe they have but the three dealers here in my area cannot seem to get reimbursed for there parts and labor, and two of the three dealers are not speaking highly of the machine.

EverRide
07-03-2007, 09:42 AM
Yeah, it's been belts, pulleys, spindles and caster yokes snapping off...

But I had thought they addressed these issues.... (?)

Maybe not...

We have addressed all the issues with the belts and spindles, that was taken care of on later Generation machines and update kits are available for older machines.

Maybe they have but the three dealers here in my area cannot seem to get reimbursed for there parts and labor, and two of the three dealers are not speaking highly of the machine.

We keep current on all warranty claims that we receive and payments are issued within a few days of receiving the claims. I find it hard to believe these dealers have outstanding warranty reimbursements, If so I would speculate there are other underlying circumstances.

I hear that everide is comming out with a 66" deck. Too bad for me I would look harder at them if they had a 72" and diesel power.

Yes recently we released a 66" Warrior but a diesel powered 72" is not something we are currently looking at.

gene gls
07-03-2007, 09:12 PM
I got 150 hours on my new EverRide, 27/60. Perrs like a kitten. I have only had one loose wire problem. My issue is the amount of blow-out from the front of the deck when your on thin lawns.

HenryB
07-03-2007, 09:22 PM
I got 150 hours on my new EverRide, 27/60. Perrs like a kitten. I have only had one loose wire problem. My issue is the amount of blow-out from the front of the deck when your on thin lawns.

I think Jungle Jim's makes a kit (long baffle) for blowout any recutting clippings.

coxslawncare
07-03-2007, 09:44 PM
I have a 23 hp 52 inch deck hornet with 116 hours on it, broke my 4th pump belt today (just replaced one on sunday) and have also replaced 1 deck belt. dealer is currently trying to get in contact with the factory or a rep and see if they can get it figured out, belts are very very hot when they snap and are cracking on the v part of the belt (first pump belt broke at 17 hrs, 2nd at 55 hrs, 3rd at 110 hrs, 4th at 116 hrs) both local dealers say they have not heard of this being a problem with everride just seems to be something wrong with my particular machine. other than that the cut is excellent as long as you can control the long clippings

WREBELMACHINE
07-04-2007, 01:08 AM
I do not know the circumstances with the dealers and there warranty situation. However I do now that two of the dealers are not stocking machines anymore and the other dealer told me that he told the rep to come get his. Hopefully things will get worked out there are several of these running around.

As far as the belts on a hornet I do not now of that machine because I do not now anyone who has a hornet. However the warriors are just eating belts according to some of the guys. And then there are a couple of guys who have been running fine.

Envy Lawn Service
07-05-2007, 12:26 AM
We have addressed all the issues with the belts and spindles, that was taken care of on later Generation machines and update kits are available for older machines.

Good to know... and glad you are here!

Yes recently we released a 66" Warrior but a diesel powered 72" is not something we are currently looking at.

OK Boss... up to a 66" sounds like a logical move...

So is it on a wider power frame?

What are the power options for running the 66"?

EverRide
07-05-2007, 10:26 AM
Good to know... and glad you are here!

OK Boss... up to a 66" sounds like a logical move...

So is it on a wider power frame?

What are the power options for running the 66"?

We are using the current Warrior frame. The current power options for the first small production run has a 27hp Kohler we are other power options for the future.

EverRide
07-26-2007, 10:02 AM

No we are not in "big trouble" last year yes we went through a slow time like all manufactures in this industry. We have been back at normal operation for some time now. As for the spindle and belt issues that was on the Gen 1 machines and was corrected on the next generation with an update kit for the Gen 1.

Rottman
07-26-2007, 09:31 PM
Has anyone used the baffle that jungle jims sells for the warrior?

WREBELMACHINE
07-28-2007, 12:00 AM
So how many gen1 are there? The dealer who told me that he told the rep to come get his mowers just took on the dealership less than 3 months ago!

aazpeters
08-25-2007, 04:56 PM
Everride without question. I have had a Snapper and an Exmark. Both riders. I now have a 60" Warrior with a 27 Kohler. It's unstoppable! You couldn't give me another mower. I did a bunch of research on all brands and came up with Everride. Fact is it was designed by Honda, must I say more. Ask a dealer to demo one. I'm sure you will then have your answer.

BigLag
08-25-2007, 05:26 PM
whats the price of a 60"

aazpeters
08-25-2007, 07:52 PM
I paid $7500. Mine was a demo at the beginning of the '07 season. It had 11 hours on it. I think retail is around $8500. This time of year you might find a dealer looking to get rid of stock.

gene gls
08-25-2007, 10:47 PM
whats the price of a 60"

In my area around $ 9300.00.........

aazpeters
08-25-2007, 11:26 PM
That's outrageous! MSRP is $7300. After PA sales tax @ 6% I paid just a little over MSRP. I would let you dealer know that you are aware of the MSRP and offer that. If he doesn't go for it I am sure you can find another dealer. Just because you don't buy it there doesn't mean they wouln't service it.

Envy Lawn Service
08-26-2007, 12:58 AM
That's outrageous! MSRP is $7300. After PA sales tax @ 6% I paid just a little over MSRP. I would let you dealer know that you are aware of the MSRP and offer that. If he doesn't go for it I am sure you can find another dealer. Just because you don't buy it there doesn't mean they wouln't service it.

Yeah, I have been noticing that a lot of dealers have given away their strategy in their pricing.

Unfortunately, many of them only took on the line (and now push it of course) because they saw an opportunity to profit an addition $2,000 over what is a fair profit.

The same has happened before with Hustler as well.

aazpeters
08-26-2007, 01:23 AM
I know how you can get a thousand dollar discount....click on the Everride logo to the right and read the ad. You can get $1000 back at purchase of a Hornet or a Warrior. Just be sure to lock them in on a price before you drop the bomb!

shop22
08-26-2007, 07:28 PM
The 1000 rebate is off msrp from everride, It's not like a coupon you whip out of your pocket when you finalize a deal and he gives you another 1000 off the price.

WREBELMACHINE
08-29-2007, 12:14 AM
Everide in this area has a serious problem! I was at my dealer today to drop off a tanaka trimmer for repair and there was a cutter there who has a warrior and a wasp mower. He was very pissed off about the warrior and the wasp especially the warrior. Apparently the warrior has been down for three months! with a warped mower deck and cannot get a response from the distribator. This guy was demanding his money back for the wasp that he bought a month ago. I felt sorry for the dealer and this guy because they both are in a bad situation. However it looks like everyone who owns an everide here is going to be in a very bad way because I think they are going to loose all there dealers.

gene gls
08-29-2007, 08:10 AM

The left over Worriors from last year with the 25HP Kawi engins are listed for around $ 7500.00. I ordered a 2007 unit to have the lattest updates.

aazpeters
08-29-2007, 09:50 AM
What are the updates?

HenryB
08-29-2007, 10:28 AM
Everide in this area has a serious problem! I was at my dealer today to drop off a tanaka trimmer for repair and there was a cutter there who has a warrior and a wasp mower. He was very pissed off about the warrior and the wasp especially the warrior. Apparently the warrior has been down for three months! with a warped mower deck and cannot get a response from the distribator. This guy was demanding his money back for the wasp that he bought a month ago. I felt sorry for the dealer and this guy because they both are in a bad situation. However it looks like everyone who owns an everide here is going to be in a very bad way because I think they are going to loose all there dealers.

Wow Rebel,
It seems like you have a problem with Everride. Is there a past history of issues?

Envy Lawn Service
08-29-2007, 02:07 PM
Wow Rebel,
It seems like you have a problem with Everride. Is there a past history of issues?

You didn't ask me... but it seems to me that the support chain is very weak in some areas.

I don't know if this is a distributor issue or an issue with Everride itself.
But I hear some dealers aren't getting the support they deserve.

I wonder who the distributor is in Rebel's area?

bradordkj
08-29-2007, 02:10 PM
i know this has nothing to do with this thread but im new to this site and i cant figure out how to start a new thread can anyone help thanks alot

Envy Lawn Service
08-29-2007, 02:25 PM
Hummmm.... Rebel says he is in SW Missourri.

Walker Mid America is listed as the distributor for that state.
I don't know a thing about them either way.

But I was thinking of a particular distributor that might be guilty of poor support.
I looked to see where they distribute.... Arkansas...
Considering he's in SW Missouri.... could be possible.

Anyways, what I'm getting at is that the story sounds really familiar, and I have a gut feeling this is the case. If it is, blame needs to be laid at where it belongs (at the distributor's feet) and Everride needs to nip this in the bud and cancel this deal with this distributor.

The pain of a lost 'buyer' hurt, but it will be less painful than the long-term damage to Everride's word-of-mouth reputation.

Envy Lawn Service
08-29-2007, 02:28 PM
i know this has nothing to do with this thread but im new to this site and i cant figure out how to start a new thread can anyone help thanks alot

Let me be the first to say "Welcome to Lawnsite"

To answer your question, just choose the parent forum link to the forum section you want to post in. Like click this link that will take you to the section this thread is in....

http://www.lawnsite.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1

On the upper left, there is a button "New Thread"

Click that and get down to business.

lzrj
08-31-2007, 12:40 AM
Rebel is right. I bought a warrior for my land and although I love the the machine, I'm really worried about keeping it for 20 years like I planned. I don't know who Im going to have fix it now when something goes wrong. It does seem like the distributor is a major factor for why Everride is not doing good around here. There are no established dealers really selling it now. The places that has picked up Everride seem like they don't do repairs. Hopefully that will change and one of our several major dealers in the area will pick them up. Just a wish and not holding my breath on that one though.

Envy Lawn Service
08-31-2007, 12:54 AM
Again... sounds like this distributor I have in mind...

EverRide
09-04-2007, 03:09 PM
Everide in this area has a serious problem! I was at my dealer today to drop off a tanaka trimmer for repair and there was a cutter there who has a warrior and a wasp mower. He was very pissed off about the warrior and the wasp especially the warrior. Apparently the warrior has been down for three months! with a warped mower deck and cannot get a response from the distributor. This guy was demanding his money back for the wasp that he bought a month ago. I felt sorry for the dealer and this guy because they both are in a bad situation. However it looks like everyone who owns an everide here is going to be in a very bad way because I think they are going to loose all there dealers.

Thank you for this post. We contacted our distributor for this area and have found the dealer where the issues culminated from. We had a deck built and we have shipped it today, to the dealer, for the customer. All of this has occurred under warranty. Thank you again for letting us know of this issue.

Best regards,
Brett Matteen
EverRide

WREBELMACHINE
09-04-2007, 10:43 PM
Brett

Have you by chance talked to the dealer or dealers down here? If you have not I think it would be in your best intrest for everides future in this area to talk to them! Because I do not see anyone stocking the machines any more.

WJW Lawn
09-05-2007, 10:20 AM
Brett,

Love my Hornet!! Keep up the great work! I got mine at Stephens in Fuquay Varina and you couldn't ask for a better bunch of guys for dealers. They look after me on anything I need for my Everride.

mhussey
09-05-2007, 10:42 AM
I didn't buy an Everride, however my brother demoed a Warrior from Amicks Superstore in Asheboro, NC. These guys are great to deal with also. I bought a Toro from them right when they first started carrying Everride and their service is wonderfull. They will come and pick your mower up on a break down to get it serviced and turned back to the owner.. That is customer loyalty.....

I was a bit skeptical, but now since mowing with the demoed Everride, I wish I had bought a Warrior.

Maybe my next purchase next year will yield an Everride Warrior.....

Nice piece of equipment guys.

papaseven
10-12-2007, 04:25 AM
Test for new post

GreenT
10-12-2007, 06:57 PM
How ironic.

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=203084

:walking: :walking:

WREBELMACHINE
10-20-2007, 09:56 PM
Apparently I was right about everide it was just a lot worse than what I or anyone around here thought.

Henry

I have no issues with everide and I do not own one. I was just telling you what I had wittnessed that day and it was not pleasant!

executivegroundscare
02-07-2009, 03:46 PM
has anyone ever seen/used these mowers? I had a dealer try to talk me into one today while looking at a hustler....now i am already sold on the hustler....but im just wondering if anyone has ever heard of the everride thanks

nice mowers just bought one real nice i have ran almost everything and it is up there with the scags and hustlers not a bad mower

grassman177
02-07-2009, 05:01 PM
nice machines. we have 4 of them all with 25kaw, 2 54in and two 60in. they do a very fantastic job. we have had them for quite some time now and one mower out of the three loves to break belts but i think it is something with the operator, same guy same mower!! that same mower has developed a hydro leak on one pump and is at the dealer right now. no problems other thatn that. thsi is no different than anyother brand of mower. very solid machines and i hope they can weather the whole aquisition and market slump. recomended mower especially at the good price tag

MONTE
02-07-2009, 07:11 PM
They are not priced all that good!

The Elements Group
02-07-2009, 07:16 PM
I know someone who has several brandnew everides for sale at a great rate . they are good machines let me know if you are interested in one of any and ill find out the price

aubcon
03-24-2009, 07:38 PM
Anyone looking at Everride mowers, be very careful. I worked for a distributor that took this line on two years ago. The decks are awesome and the cut is fantastic. The problems with this mowers hydraulics are many. At least 25 updates to hydro system in two years. Lots of failures.
Auburn Consolidated Industries has been around a long time as a component manufacturer for kubota, John Deere, and Ford New Holland, Now they make scorpion, great dane and john deeres twin track or qwick trac. they are all pretty much the same except the decks. however this is their first foray into the wholegoods end. They have their work cut out.

THe whole thing wreaked. Check it out.

hwew
03-24-2009, 08:10 PM
Thats funny. I put 2433 hours on mine and had no problems with the hydro's or engine. The only things I did to mine is belts, spindle rebuilds, idiler replacments, tires, seat suspension rebuild, Remember, all Z-turns use hydro pumps or wheel motors from one of the big hydro manufactures. If they are blowing them it is most likly due to abuse.

Oh I fogot to mention that I run Amsoil full synthetic 20-50 in the hydro system and Amsoil ful synthetic 10-30 / 30 oil in the Kawasaki engine.

Take care of your equipment it will last and serve you well. Abuse and neglect maintenance be prepaired to Pay.

Envy Lawn Service
03-25-2009, 03:15 AM
Remember, all Z-turns use hydro pumps or wheel motors from one of the big hydro manufactures. If they are blowing them it is most likly due to abuse.

Please do not continue to spread that virus.

Rather you realize it or not, it's totally false.

I myself thought it was true also, until I found out the hard way with personal experience.

Just because a particular brand of pump/wheel motor combination is working well in one mower MFG's application does not mean it will do the same for another MFG.

These two items are only two individual parts that go into the entire hydraulic system. In an individual pump/motor setup, generally speaking... failures of these parts are often produced by the mower MFG's hydraulic system design.... the other stuff besides the pumps and motors.

It seems really simple, when in reality it's not.

hwew
03-25-2009, 08:43 AM
Well I guess I must have a good match than. Generation 3 Warriorers had very little problems with there hydro pumps and wheel moters compaired to some of the manufactures. Overall the Warrior is a very solid reliable Z-turn for my needs and I would buy another. Tried all big top names and did not like them. The Warrior works very well on rough ground and hills. I also maintain my own equipment and it is much easier to work on than most. No machine is perfect. So you buy one that fits your needs.

You sort of get tired reading all the negs. what people right about products and they have not even owned one. I don't know if that is your case.

I seen lots of Toro's, Exmark, Scag, John Deere, Ferris, and Hustler that had problems with hydro pumps and wheel motors. Yes matching is very important. HEAT, ABUSE and neglect of MAINTENANCE are the the three main factors for pump and wheel motor failures. But you are right about matching.

I very much doubt that there were at least 25 updates on Everrides hydro system. Do you believe everything you read?

hwew
03-25-2009, 09:41 AM
Sorry Envey Lawn Service. I get worked up at times.

Envy Lawn Service
03-25-2009, 09:44 AM
You sort of get tired reading all the negs. what people right about products and they have not even owned one. I don't know if that is your case.

I seen lots of Toro's, Exmark, Scag, John Deere, Ferris, and Hustler that had problems with hydro pumps and wheel motors. Yes matching is very important. HEAT, ABUSE and neglect of MAINTENANCE are the the three main factors for pump and wheel motor failures. But you are right about matching.

I very much doubt that there were at least 25 updates on Everrides hydro system. Do you believe everything you read?

I understand what you are saying...
All I was doing was pointing out something that is important.
You still didn't understand...

I didn't have hydro problems with Everride.

With that said, what I am saying is, take the pumps and motors off your machine and put them on another brand.... It's not a guarantee that it will be as reliable of a SYSTEM as what you have now, because the pumps and motors are only PARTS in the system.

What I am saying is that more often it's about the rest of the system as to rather or not it lives a full life.

The hydros seem like a crude simple thing, moving fluid, but they are not quite that simple. The valves, lines, fittings, returns, filtration, capacity, fluid, fluid cooling...... all those things play a big role in the life of the pumps and motors. We just happen to focus on the pumps and motors because they are the parts that fail that are EXPENSIVE to repair or replace.

corey4671
03-25-2009, 09:55 AM
I've got a Warrior and a Scorpion. Bash all you want to guys. I love em. Have a great dealer too.

lawnboy1956
03-25-2009, 09:57 AM
Envy:

You are partially correct, all manufactures primarily use the same pumps and wheels motors on their machines. However, all companies send their units to the hydro manufacturer for their approval on the setup before they go into production.

maxess1000:

I spoke to the manufacture before purchasing an EverRide unit and they did not have 25 updates to the hydro system. The issue that EverRide had was not due to design it was due to the Hydro manufacturer had an issue with their product and quickly came in and corrected it.

I have personally put 800+ hours on my EverRide and had virtually no issues with the machine, It seems to cut extremely well in all conditions as well as stand up to the abuse of my other mowing crews.