PDA

View Full Version : RedMax BCZ2400S Vs BCZ2600S Vs Echo SRM-261S

emg35
03-03-2006, 10:24 PM
I have been looking to replace a few string trimmers. In the past I have always bought 25 cc echo trimmers but have been hearing good thing about RedmmMax and might give them a try. These are the models that I am thinking of buying, RedMax BCZ2400S, RedMax BCZ2600S, and the Echo SRM-261S.

I was also wondering if there was any real differance between the RedMax BCZ2400S and the RedMax BCZ2600S?

Thanks
Erik

mkwl
03-03-2006, 11:15 PM
Red Max is WAY better than Echo IMO! I've had my BCZ2600S trimmer since 2004, and it is the best of the best! It's got a ton of power and torque, and is really comfortable to use! It starts on the first or second pull every time! Basically, the only difference between the BCZ2400S and the BCZ2600S trimmers are the engine size. If you're trimming average yards and don't want to ever use a brush blade, get the BCZ2400S, but if you want more power and the ability to use a brush blade get the BCZ2600S. IMO, you can't go wrong with any Red Max!:usflag:

ThirdDay
03-04-2006, 08:36 AM
Echo makes excellent products. We have been using them for years. Great pricing, parts and dealer support.

We especially like the Echo trimmers, back pack blowers and hedge trimmers.

4LLAWNSINC
03-04-2006, 08:49 AM
We started out using stihl and switched to red max about three years ago. A new red max trimmer I bought in the beggining of last season went back to the dealer 2x because it blew piston rings or something like that. I guess sometimes you just get a lemon, but if I had to buy one today it would be a red max. Other than that one trimmer I have had good luck with them. I steered away from echo for years because for an extra $20 you could get a stihl and they just seemed like a better choice for any equipment. Red max blowers are so good, and I saw a lot of people using the trimmers so I switched. I bought a couple of echo climbing saws a year ago and everytime I turn them on their side they loose all rpms. I will never buy another echo.

MBDiagMan
03-04-2006, 10:45 AM
I've never had ANYTHING motorized that beats my Redmax 2600. It starts every time, lots of power and well balanced. It's a fabulous machine.

Good luck in your decision,
Doc

PaulJ
03-04-2006, 11:58 AM
I had an echo 260s and now have a redmax 2600. The Echo was a good trimmer but after about half the season it seammed harder to start and needed a warm up before gettting any power.
After the Echo was "lost" I got the redmax mainly because I like the dealer better and I got a hedge trimmer head for it also. Great trimmer with plenty of power for the weight. The biggest reason I went with the 2600 over the 2400 is that Edgit doesn't make a mount for the redmax 2400 (to new of a model with a different gearbox) But they do for the 2600. I will not have a trimmer without a Edgit so that settled it for me.

emg35
03-04-2006, 08:04 PM
Thanks everyone, I think I'll go ahaed and buy a RedMax BCZ2600S.

Erik