PDA

View Full Version : Irritrol HS400

Scott's
03-03-2006, 10:07 PM
I have been using Toro 570's and have been pleased, but I want to see if anyone has used or is using Irritrol HS400's and if you like them. I have seen some of the HS 400's used on some commercial sites and they seemed to be just like a Toro 570. I like the idea of being able to use a rainbird, nelson and hunter nozzle on them. Just wanted some feedback before I spent money on them.

bicmudpuppy
03-03-2006, 11:32 PM
I have been using Toro 570's and have been pleased, but I want to see if anyone has used or is using Irritrol HS400's and if you like them. I have seen some of the HS 400's used on some commercial sites and they seemed to be just like a Toro 570. I like the idea of being able to use a rainbird, nelson and hunter nozzle on them. Just wanted some feedback before I spent money on them.
As probably the most avid irritrol fan on here, I just have one piece of advice about purchasing the HS400.........DON'T
Switching to a male thread head is probably a smart move and the irritrol canopy nozzles are fantastic and the price is right. RB1804's or Hunter Pro-Sprays are a much better buy.

PurpHaze
03-04-2006, 10:50 AM
I have seen some of the HS 400's used on some commercial sites and they seemed to be just like a Toro 570.

Considering that Toro owns Irritrol.... :laugh:

Scott's
03-04-2006, 09:21 PM
Considering that Toro owns Irritrol.... :laugh:
I understand that, but chevy makes a vet and a economy car, but it doesn't mean they are both good. Just wanted to know if the quality was the same on the HS 400.,,,,,never mind, I will try them and see for myself. :walking:

PurpHaze
03-05-2006, 10:36 AM
I understand that, but chevy makes a vet and a economy car...

This would be like rotors vs. spray pop-ups. GMC makes the Sierra and Chevy makes the Silverado and they're basically the same truck made by GM. :laugh:

Az Gardener
03-05-2006, 11:44 AM
As a maint guy who checks these things year after year I used to love the 570's but about 8-10 years ago they got thinner in the plastic I think. They just start to get deformed easier when you try and clear them of debris and they get those holes in the side of the nozzle on the full nozzles. I fought it for years but eventually went to Rainbird 1800'S. I also dislike the Hunters the adjustable nozzles are always changing adjustment on their own and the heads that have the nozzle as part of the head, when they clog we just switch it to 1800's and withing a year the whole system is 1800's I dislike spray heads in general they always clog and cause brown spots. In Phx in the summer you have one slightly clogged nozzle for 1-week and it will take 4 to get it greened up by sprinklers alone. I love the new MP Rotators and all rotors in general never clog rarely go bad and when they do you make a few bucks changing them.