PDA

View Full Version : Missouri Fert. program

mhaysmow
03-04-2006, 02:20 AM
does anyone have a program they would mind sharing with me i will mainly do granular but would like to get a tank soon so either type of program would be appreciated. thanks
also most all my lawns are TTTF

PGA
03-04-2006, 10:28 AM
Contact your lesco dealer. He can set you up.

robertsturf
03-04-2006, 10:38 AM
The first thing you need to do is to make sure you meek the states requirements for licensing and certification , then contact Lesco. My advise is keep the nitrogen level down in the Spring.

PGA
03-04-2006, 01:19 PM
The first thing you need to do is to make sure you meek the states requirements for licensing and certification , then contact Lesco. My advise is keep the nitrogen level down in the Spring.

Roberts, whats the deal with KS and MO? I live in KS but right over the border. If I decided to go on the MO side do I have to get certified my MO also?

robertsturf
03-04-2006, 01:25 PM
By the way my name is Trent, Co. name is Roberts Turf, I get that a lot. Missouri and Kansas have a reciprocal agreement, you do not have to re-test just have to apply to Missouri Ag. Prove insurance, and certification and pay your fee. It's a lot more expensive for me to apply in Kansas than for you in Missouri. I pay 135.00 + 35.00. I think you don't pay near that to apply in Missouri. We are almost done in Kansas because of our growth in Eastern Jackson Co.

PGA
03-04-2006, 01:46 PM
By the way my name is Trent, Co. name is Roberts Turf, I get that a lot. Missouri and Kansas have a reciprocal agreement, you do not have to re-test just have to apply to Missouri Ag. Prove insurance, and certification and pay your fee. It's a lot more expensive for me to apply in Kansas than for you in Missouri. I pay 135.00 + 35.00. I think you don't pay near that to apply in Missouri. We are almost done in Kansas because of our growth in Eastern Jackson Co.

That sounds easy enough. Thanks Trent.

Tracy Tooley
03-04-2006, 01:57 PM
I am just a girl trying to take care of the lawn. I have chemlawn doing the grass. I just called them and told them to put down the granules first because of all the rain, plus I already watered. Was that the right thing to do? All this dead grass, is this thatch that I should be raking up? OR, is that just dormant grass and leave it alone?? It looks brown or yellow and dead to me. I don't have a bunch of money to spend on tools. I have a manual aireater that I can't get the clumps of dirt out of. I tryed soaking and and a screwdriver to get it out. Should I have my soil tested or is that something chemlawn should be doing? I don't even know what kind of grass I have. Whatever I have, it always looks the second best on the street. However, I'm just winging it.

PGA
03-04-2006, 03:21 PM
I am just a girl trying to take care of the lawn. I have chemlawn doing the grass. I just called them and told them to put down the granules first because of all the rain, plus I already watered. Was that the right thing to do? All this dead grass, is this thatch that I should be raking up? OR, is that just dormant grass and leave it alone?? It looks brown or yellow and dead to me. I don't have a bunch of money to spend on tools. I have a manual aireater that I can't get the clumps of dirt out of. I tryed soaking and and a screwdriver to get it out. Should I have my soil tested or is that something chemlawn should be doing? I don't even know what kind of grass I have. Whatever I have, it always looks the second best on the street. However, I'm just winging it.

Your first mistake was calling Chemlawn. You can find someone here who goes to KCMO. I personally dont but there are plenty that do. Get your money back and fire them.

robertsturf
03-04-2006, 04:22 PM
PGA couldn't agree with you more!!

LawnMowerMan3875
03-04-2006, 07:05 PM
JMO....When you want the job done right....DO IT YOURSELF...RESEARCH,RESEARCH,AND MORE RESEARCH...

You guys on here really offer a lot of great advice and I tip my hat to you all...
Good luck this season and keep fingers and toes clear....:)

Tracy Tooley
03-08-2006, 09:05 PM
well i knew you would say that about chemlawn but my other company went out of business.. anyway they were here today and I had asked for granules and I got spray...doesn't spray wash away, I guess I'm just going to read everything here to learn it myself... I wish someone would answer the thatch thing though... yes someone is coming out to look at the lawn from here..You guys are too funny.. They do say I can call them in between treatments for a specific weed problem and I do like that

somo1
03-08-2006, 11:57 PM
well i knew you would say that about chemlawn but my other company went out of business.. anyway they were here today and I had asked for granules and I got spray...doesn't spray wash away, I guess I'm just going to read everything here to learn it myself... I wish someone would answer the thatch thing though... yes someone is coming out to look at the lawn from here..You guys are too funny.. They do say I can call them in between treatments for a specific weed problem and I do like that

Call Scotts Lawnservice, they use all granular. They may use a super-fert during Round 1 application they spray Round 2. The thatch that you are talking about could be winter dissecation or winter kill. Could also be Bermuda grass or Zoysia. Is your lawn all brown even at the ground? Or is it brown on the tops and green underneath? If its green underneath it is probably dissecation and when you mow the first time it will cut it off and the whole lawn will be green.

As for TGCL, you're paying the most under-educated company to treat your lawn. I know you are getting rain and yes it probably got washed away, especially with the huge thunderstorms that are going through there. Go with a company that uses all granular, except for weed control and you'll see better results. My lawns are still really green from the last treatment in Nov.-Dec. last year, and with little rain.