PDA

View Full Version : mulch and your lawn trailer

plantzpropertymanagement
03-04-2006, 10:33 AM
just wondering if you guys use your lawn trailer to get mulch or do you have a seperate one. ive also heard some guys just use the bagged mulch but i dont know about all that

plantzpropertymanagement
03-04-2006, 10:36 AM
the reason im asking is because i have sides on my trailer now there like 4ft but i want to take them off so i can install all my racks and stuff but if install all this stuff i dont know about using it for mulch and i wont have sides anymore.

mrbray101
03-04-2006, 10:39 AM
You could still use the trailer for mulch without the 4' sides, just not be able to fit quite as much. It really just depends, if you do a lot of mulching and make a good amount of profit from it id think it would be a good investment to get another trailer, maybe a 6x12 with 4' sides or something similar. Good luck to you.

plantzpropertymanagement
03-04-2006, 10:40 AM
thanks yeah i was thinking the same thing

Precision Lawns
03-04-2006, 10:41 AM
We use our lawn trailer for mulch (along with the beds of our trucks), but only because we have to. If we had the money right now to buy a trailer dedicated solely to mulch and could put 4' sides on it, that would be great - fewer trips to and from the mulch center!

westwind
03-04-2006, 11:10 AM
16 ft. and 14 ft. dump trailers. Personally, i think keeping your lawn equip. and your landscape equip. seperate. Price will always determine what you use. Good Luck.

bigjeeping
03-04-2006, 11:39 AM
Took the rails off my 6x12 and used the pockets to build these sides. Used it for a whole month doing mulch jobs everyday before the bolts started tearing out and the wood was cracking... cost about $75 in wood! I could haul 8-10 yards of mulch depending on weight. Of course we had to SHOVEL it all out, which sucked. But thankfully this year I have a dump truck!

rfed32
03-04-2006, 11:42 AM
i have used the same trailer until this year...i jst picked up a trailer from a customer of mine for free all i had to do was pay for tittle tags and plates....but i just put a tarp down on my 6x10 and then i cld get 2yrds on there and one in the back of my s10

PaulJ
03-04-2006, 11:45 AM
I would use my equipment trailer for mulch but couple of years ago I bought an trailer made from a pickup box for $100 and now I use it for mulch, rock, brush, trash, etc.... Since it's higher it is a bit easier to unload, and I don't have to unload the equipment. I usually don't need more than a few yards at a time so it works good for me.

Rich's LS
03-04-2006, 07:20 PM
I bought a 7x14 dump for mulch and to haul away yard waste etc... I got tired of unloading it in the summer. I have saved so much time and fees by having this trailer.. This was my 2nd trailer I bought and I wouldn't take anything for it.. I can hold 20 yards of Mini Pine bark.

Buy a dump trailer

B&D Lawn Care
03-04-2006, 10:28 PM
I hauled mulch in mine for the first few years but now I have a 7x10 dump trailer. Makes life oh so much easier.

qualitylawnmanagement
03-04-2006, 10:40 PM
Forget the trailer thing. I quit doing that 2 years ago and started using the pick-up and used the trailer to haul the tools,bed edgers and wheel barrels. If your using a pick up then go load that up with bulk mulch, put down the tail gate and push into a wheel barrel. My pick up is up high enough the wheel barrel slides under the tail gate and I can knock out a pick up load in 20-25mins depending on how many people I have working for me. In the business you'll learn to work smarter not harder. :hammerhead: :weightlifter: