PDA

View Full Version : DixieFerris- 13K new Business -Idea & ?

Tim Wright
03-04-2006, 12:34 PM
In this previous thread, "$13K in new business today secured" DixieFerris, you mentioned pointing out some detail problem areas to the potential client to win the bid.

2 things-

1. I just did that, and boy did I have the contacts attention. Wow! I was asked for an estimate on fixing 12 things, plus spring clean up.

2. Have you ever thought about taking pix of the areas, printing them up in the estimate, to illustrate the point visually, and then go on to take pix after the fix for your monthly report? and then finally use these photos for before and after type of visual selling aids?

I think that I am going to give it a shot.

Tim

DixieFerris
03-05-2006, 04:36 PM
yes Tim I did that as well, and you are on to a great path right now by taking pics. Some guys on here are threatened and don't want you taking pics, showing the customer their shortcommings, etc. Business is business, and if that was gets you ahead and helps you win the job, so be it I say (and so do 99% of the rest of America's companies). If you are going to the lengths to show the customer the problem, solve it, and document it, then you have a strong case for them to choose you and you separated yourself from the pack.

Ky.Smoke
03-05-2006, 04:51 PM
Whatever can give you that extra edge. We do other things to get ahead uniforms, sighnage nic e equipment etc. Why is documenting your work compared to others such a problem. To me if others are worried about that they should maybe look at their own work to see if it is lacking somewhere.

If you leave an opening to loose a job, that is what will happen!

Tim Wright
03-05-2006, 06:59 PM
I am probably going to buy a digital camera here this week.

I may very well have an opportunity to bid on 17 housing developements in the region, for lawn maintainance and snoe, all from one company. If that happens I will do the same thing again.

I am pumped.

Tim

Flex-Deck
03-05-2006, 08:59 PM
yes Tim I did that as well, and you are on to a great path right now by taking pics. Some guys on here are threatened and don't want you taking pics, showing the customer their shortcommings, etc. Business is business, and if that was gets you ahead and helps you win the job, so be it I say (and so do 99% of the rest of America's companies). If you are going to the lengths to show the customer the problem, solve it, and document it, then you have a strong case for them to choose you and you separated yourself from the pack.

I disagree with your tactic in as much as if you don't do the perfect job, someone else will pull the same shenanigan on you. I prefer to show pics of jobs we do which depict our attention to detail, and try to sell our quality rather than tear down someone else. I think this is a more professional way to go about business. I also state that if the LCO doing the job now is doing great, they should keep him, and just keep us in mind for the future in case the present LCO quits, retires or whatever. Customers respect us for that. I have also found out that all I have to do is maintain high standards, and retention is not a problem with those that take pride in their properties.

Tim Wright
03-05-2006, 10:59 PM
I agree Flex,

I look at it not as a way to put someone else down, but to show that you and your company pays attention to detail, which if followed through, equals quality.

Tim

DixieFerris
03-05-2006, 11:02 PM
Flex Deck I do agree with you in some respects, but also remember most companies aren't intelligent enough or care enough to put that must thought and effort into showing their service is worth while. Someone may come do it to us, but we build much larger rapport than most, and don't just communicate via invoices. Most companies don;t get that