PDA

View Full Version : New Holland ZTR commercial grade?

qualityscapes
03-04-2006, 12:37 PM
Anyone know about the New Holland Ztr mowers. The don't technically have a comercail grade Ztr. However, it does come with a 1 year commercail warranty unlimited hours, full coverage.

basic stats-

MZ19H 19 2-cylinder Kawasaki Dual Hydrostatic 52-inch

The heavy-duty MZ19H offers deluxe features and heavy-duty construction. The MZ19H features a larger, commercial-duty Kawasaki engine, larger 52-inch mowing deck, larger five-gallon gas tank, larger tires, convenient grease zerks and a faster 7-mph forward speed. The frame is welded for added durability. A 1- x 2-inch steel tube reinforces the front frame. The rear frame features 7- and 10-gauge steel construction.
Simple, one-handed cut-height adjustment lever allows you to select from one of seven cut heights and to raise the mower deck for transport with little effort.

Anti-scalp wheels (standard on MZ18H and MZ19H, optional on MZ14H and MZ16H) allow the mower deck to follow ground contour for a smooth, uniform cut.

Easy front-to-back and side-to-side mower deck adjustment allows you to custom tailor cut quality.

An electric clutch allows you to engage the mower deck.

Any thoughts? sells for 4,600

we have a variety of New Holland products currently including tractor, loader, backhoe.

Tim Wright
03-04-2006, 01:39 PM
I am getting a new holland tractor this week, its a great piece.

However, I think that after looking at their ZTR mowers they are not build for rigous use. I would recommend almost all other makes mentioned on this site over the NH.

Also, most commercial mowers carry a 2 year commercial use warranty standard, not one year.

Look into Ferris, Scag-Tiger, Exmark, etc. Even though you will pay more money.

Tim

qualityscapes
03-04-2006, 01:54 PM
Im sort of in a pickle....

I need to purchase a commercail mower. I only have 4,500 hundred to spend. I only have a few commercial and residential accoutns as mowing is a only a small part of our business. So, I'm trying to find the best ZTR for the money I have. I know people are going to say get a walk behind but for other issues that is no an option.

So I guess I'm trying to get the most rigerous, sturdy, and capable mower I can for the price.

GreenMonster
03-04-2006, 02:01 PM
I didn't look at them, but 19/52 seems underpowered.

mcwlandscaping
03-04-2006, 02:06 PM
Look used then, worth getting a used, ruged piece of machinery than a new machine for all your money that will cost you a lot more in the long run

Look in the lawnsite marketplace forum,

just my .02

Richard Martin
03-04-2006, 02:40 PM

I need to purchase a commercail mower. I only have 4,500 hundred to spend. I only have a few commercial and residential accoutns as mowing is a only a small part of our business. So, I'm trying to find the best ZTR for the money I have. I know people are going to say get a walk behind but for other issues that is no an option.

So I guess I'm trying to get the most rigerous, sturdy, and capable mower I can for the price.

Have you looked at any of the HD riding tractors say from JD or Simplicity?

http://www.simplicitymfg.com/broadmoor.php
http://www.simplicitymfg.com/conquest.php

Mowingman
03-04-2006, 03:26 PM
You have enough money there to buy a brand new, heavy duty, commercial machine. That machine would be the Gravely 34Z.
Go have a look at one if you have a Gravely dealer nearby.

lawnspecialties
03-04-2006, 06:42 PM
What about the Hustler Mini Z?

Tim Wright
03-04-2006, 07:28 PM
I think that if you buysomething that is not built for true commercial application, in one summer of serious mowing, that machine will be worthless to you, and in fact be in the hole.

A well built commercial machine on the other hand will cost more up front, and being well maintained will be running for years to come.

Do your best to come up with a little more money and get a well built mower.

It will hurt right now, but it will be worth it. Otherwise later this year or early next you will be in the same boat you are now.

Tim

Precision
03-04-2006, 09:57 PM

a few thoughts. You could of course finance a real commercial mower.

Second couldn't the other more lucrative parts of the business subsidize the cost of the mower.

I mean getting a mower that is gonna be completely shot in 2 seasons (if not one) vs paying double and getting a mower that will still have 50% resale value after 2 years. maybe I'm crazy, but I'm spending the $8-9K on a Toro, Scag, Dixie, Exmark, Gravely, Hustler or some other mower designed to be used commercially.

Pumper
03-06-2006, 12:38 PM
I am pretty sure the New Holland ZTR is actually a Toro Tmecutter. Toro is private labeling for NH. Toro wanted to reach out to the Land Owner/Consumer through a Farm Equipment dealer network.

Bay de Noc Lawn Car
03-06-2006, 01:35 PM
Buy a used machine. They are a better value if you know what to look for any way. As was said try the lawnsite marketplace.

http://www.machinefinder.com/

http://www.ironclassifieds.com/

extoro
03-06-2006, 01:47 PM
I am pretty sure the New Holland ZTR is actually a Toro Tmecutter. Toro is private labeling for NH. Toro wanted to reach out to the Land Owner/Consumer through a Farm Equipment dealer network.

Right & wrong! Yes, it is a Timecutter but it is not because Toro wanted to reach out to the farm equipment dealers.

This started YEARS ago when Gilson built equipment for Ford. LawnBoy bought Gilson and continued to build for Ford. Than Toro bought LawnBoy & about the same time New Holland bought Ford. So it has been a long running relationship

Travis Followell
03-06-2006, 04:20 PM
If your just going to be mowing a few small areas it would probibly be okay for a couple years. A big part of it holding up to the use it to treat it right and don't abuse it. You may also want to take a look at a Hustler Fastrac. It would be in your price range and is a better mower than the NH.