PDA

View Full Version : $50 for an owners manual?!?!?

Woodland
03-04-2006, 01:28 PM
I just picked up a used John Deere GS30 walk behind today but the guy I bought it from didn't have the lit. that came with it. So, I went to the JD web site to see if they had it online. Nope, but I can order it from them...the owners manual if $50, $40 for the parts catalog and...wait for it...yes...$80 for the technical manual! Are they kidding? I know you have to be willing to pay more for the machine and more for the "genuine" parts becuase your buying quality but the owners manual?:angry:

Luvs2Play
03-04-2006, 01:34 PM
http://www.ssbtractor.com/tractor_manual_search.cgi

I would pay JD, this is the place I got manuals for an old skidsteer, but I didn't have to pay that much.

NNJLandman
03-04-2006, 01:35 PM
Scag sent me a replacement one for free, didnt pay a dime that was awesome.

Jeff

DLCS
03-04-2006, 01:40 PM
I just picked up a used John Deere GS30 walk behind today but the guy I bought it from didn't have the lit. that came with it. So, I went to the JD web site to see if they had it online. Nope, but I can order it from them...the owners manual if $50, $40 for the parts catalog and...wait for it...yes...$80 for the technical manual! Are they kidding? I know you have to be willing to pay more for the machine and more for the "genuine" parts becuase your buying quality but the owners manual?:angry:

Your dealer is hosing you. The owners manual is $30 if you order online from JD and I'm sure the dealer price is the same. Parts book is $40.00, why do you need that you can look up the parts onlien or go to your dealer and have them do it for you. Technical service manual is $80. Check around at some different dealers, they may have a extra laying around.

Richard Martin
03-04-2006, 02:32 PM
Almost all manuals are available online for free. Even at $30 you're still being hosed.

procut
03-04-2006, 02:35 PM
Maybe look around on e-bay. I see manuals there all the time.

PGA
03-04-2006, 02:38 PM
The ones for my Encores are free to download on their website in PDF form.

sheshovel
03-04-2006, 02:56 PM
Can't expect him to have it if it is used.

DLCS
03-04-2006, 02:58 PM
That's a bunch of BS!You go right back there and tell the guy you want all the info that goes with that machine and he has so long to get it or your bringing your purchace back.Simple as that!There's no reason for that..it's his problem he has not got the instructions or manuals..not yours..this would be a big red flag to me about any future dealings with this dealer

Reread the post. He bought it used privately. :rolleyes:

DLCS
03-04-2006, 02:59 PM
Maybe look around on e-bay. I see manuals there all the time.

i just checked there are quite a few manuals for the GS30 on there. I think they wanted 4.99 buy it now price.

sheshovel
03-04-2006, 03:02 PM
I did erased what I said then posted what I did above..at the same time you were quoteing me and my 1st reply went through Excuuuuse Meee.