PDA

View Full Version : Honda or Toro/Exmark

Patriots
03-04-2006, 02:25 PM
Ok here is the dilemma, last year like the dumbass I can be I purchased Snapper Ninjas - bad, bad, bad mistake. Need to make a change and I cannot decide between the Toro 21'' with Honda motor $1100 (no bbc), or the Honda 21'' with bbc at $1000. I know the Toro is the old faithful - mowers will be used on approx. 25 lawn per day for 8 months - but the Honda looks like a damn good mower. Anyone use em both, and what do you think?

Thanks

mcwlandscaping
03-04-2006, 02:40 PM
Ive got Honda Homeowner models, i don't see the need to buy the commercial ones and these are damn good mowers, i could only imagine the Commercial ones to be amazing.

Petr51488
03-04-2006, 03:17 PM
The bbc is a nice feature to have. I also have a honda homeowner model for a backup, but my 21'' deere has the bbc. It gives you enough time to warm up, do whatever you need to do, pick up some rocks b4 you mow them over, all without having it shut off. I was stupid and paid i think over 600 for my honda, but that was only because i needed it at that point. (Clutch ceased on the deere) I used it for about 3 days, great mower. Very nice cut with the double blade. But, i can't tell you how it will work if you use it all day, everyday (commercially)

Signature Landscaping1
03-04-2006, 03:48 PM
i had a honda harmony 2, it was awesome

emg35
03-04-2006, 05:38 PM
I used the Toros for two years and then tried out the Honda and I have never looked back. Honda makes a great mower.

Erik