PDA

View Full Version : What about the Hustler Mini Z?

qualityscapes
03-04-2006, 07:14 PM
Anyone have a general idea on what the Hustler Mini Z would cost...? I understand it depends on engine, deck, etc just looking for a general price range....

YardPro
03-04-2006, 07:43 PM
$7-8K
depends on options

qualityscapes
03-04-2006, 08:13 PM
That much uh?

mowerconsultant
03-04-2006, 08:36 PM
The Mini Z will run you between $5,999.00 (19/52) and $7,199.00 depending on what engine and deck you need.
The Super Mini Z will run you between $7,399.00 and $7,999.00, also depending on what engine and deck you need.
This pricing may vary by dealer and also includes some spring sales incentives.
Call your dealer and get your exact price.

Pj

lawnspecialties
03-04-2006, 08:40 PM
Huh! I would swear my dealer was selling them in the mid $4,000 range last year. Am I halucinating or are ya'll talking MSRP?

Woody82986
03-04-2006, 08:47 PM
U must have been looking at a Hustler Fastrac. Those are the Hustler homeowner models. Unless your dealer had a demo or something he wanted to get rid of.

lawnspecialties
03-04-2006, 08:52 PM
U must have been looking at a Hustler Fastrac. Those are the Hustler homeowner models. Unless your dealer had a demo or something he wanted to get rid of.

Might have been. Those prices do seem mighty strong though.:confused:

Roger
03-04-2006, 09:07 PM
mowerconsultant ... I saw both the Mini and the SuperMini at a trade show last week. I now regret I didn't look at them more closely because I started making spec comparisons after I got home. Also, after the show I had more interest in another manufacturer and sent the dealer some questions about brand X. He responded to me question, but also said he handles Hustler and gave me some costs. Suddenly, my interest level rose.

Two questions:
1. What is the depth of the deck, (5" ?)
2. What is the length of the discharge opening on the deck. I believe it is full depth of the deck, but I'm interested in the other dimension of the opening. (Of interest because Brand X has a very large dimension, and I saw some other ZTRs at the show, one of which had a very small opening. It could have been the Hustler models).

Just for your interest, my time at the show with Hustler was horrible. I looked at the Mini in one booth, and the rep said "... you should be talking to our field rep ...." He came, heard my questions, and pulled me to another booth of another dealer. This booth had the SuperMini. The field rep then took a call on his cell phone and disappeared. Shortly after the dealer rep started talking, he took a call on his cell, and he was gone. In other wordss, I never was given somebody's attention to explain the Hustler mowers to me.

Tell your people who staff the trade shows to put their cell phones in the trash barrel before they go to the show floor!!! This sequence happened to me at several booths -- in the middle of a conversation, their cell rings, and they are gone. I looked around often and saw half the booth reps with cell phones wired to their ear! Enough already with those things. By the way, the man who got my attention with Brand X stayed with me the whole time -- he was the one who got my follow up call. And, if I make a decision for Hustler or Brand X, he will get my check. [sorry, off topic here; ranting, I know]

mowerconsultant
03-07-2006, 12:05 AM
Roger,
The depth of the deck is 4" on the Mini Z and Super Mini Z, but don't let that discourage you, that deck cuts great, and deeper isn't always better in some cases.
The width of the opening changed last summer, we widened it, you may have saw a older model, it is possible, but anything you would buy will have the wider opening.
I will get you the exact measurement tomorrow.
As to the cell phone issue with the reps in our booth, I will look into this, we certainly do not allow / want people to be treated like this.

Pj