PDA

View Full Version : spriping roller Q

mowforyourmoney
03-04-2006, 08:18 PM
ok i'm in the process of fabricating a roller out of pvc and i have 2 Qs
1. does it matter if it drags or does it have to roll
2. how does a 3in. pvc filled with sand stack up to a big leage or other super expensive roller
thanx in advance

befnme
03-04-2006, 08:21 PM
ok i'm in the process of fabricating a roller out of pvc and i have 2 Qs
2. how does a 3in. pvc filled with sand stack up to a big leage or other super expensive roller
thanx in advance

personaly i would want it to roll so that it wouldnt catche on something and drag a trench in the lawn .

Richard Martin
03-05-2006, 05:13 AM

1: I prefer to have mine roll but a design where the front is higher than the back should work.

2: I have several Big League Lawns rollers and I don't think you're going to be able to get enough sand inside of a 3" tube to do as nice of a job as the BLL rollers.

The BLL rollers are heavy. They are about 1 pound per inch and they lay the grass over very nicely. The BLL rollers are also a bunch of 4" rollers on a long shaft so the rollers can turn independantly of each other. This prevents lawn tearing when you turn the mower. Also due to the 4" rollers if your outside rollers get more wear for whatever reason you can just turn them around or even move them to another spot on the roller shaft.

I also wouldn't call $240 super expensive.

Splicer
03-05-2006, 09:04 AM
What about the Craftsman stripe roller for $75???

chimmygew
03-05-2006, 07:41 PM
What kind of mower do you have?

mowforyourmoney
03-06-2006, 05:48 PM
i've got a gd 36in scamper wb i've had it only a month that striper doesnt stripe worth crap i think i'm going to bet a BL as soon as i'm not broke

Richard Martin
03-07-2006, 05:58 AM
i've got a gd 36in scamper wb i've had it only a month that striper doesnt stripe worth crap i think i'm going to bet a BL as soon as i'm not broke

You won't regret it!:clapping: