PDA

View Full Version : How do you guys handle Bid spec. sheets

Jpocket
03-04-2006, 09:31 PM
I am bidding on a large County contract, and they gave me a Bid sheet. It's just mowing, and they have all of there terms and conditons listed as normal. My question is...the way it's worded they make it sound like they want me to take all of thier terms and put them in my contract. the sheet kinda contradicts it's self B/c it then says they will assume all terms will be complied with and will be considered as part of the Proposal.

This Bid sheet is alittle more than im used to, because all of the Commercial/Institutional accounts that I have, allow me to submit a bid with my terms and conditions. So im not used to such a detailed list of someone elses terms.

Im asking all of the seasoned veterans on this one, if you don't know please don't respond. Thanks no offense

befnme
03-04-2006, 09:47 PM
scan it and post .

Jpocket
03-04-2006, 10:35 PM
Don't know how, I've been trying for the longest to get some pics of my trucks on here...can't figure it out. Shame on me being the age that I am and cannot do EVERYHING on a computer.

MMLawn
03-04-2006, 10:37 PM
Government's DON'T sign YOUR contract and adhere to your terms....YOU sign theirs and adhere to their terms.

olderthandirt
03-04-2006, 10:40 PM
Government's DON'T sign YOUR contract and adhere to your terms....YOU sign theirs and adhere to their terms.

Your suppose to but................................................thats how you get the contracts is bid them according to what they ask and then do about 1/2 of what it said is the way it really works

Jpocket
03-04-2006, 10:43 PM

Im finding that out...quick fast and in a hurry. Luckily they were reffered to me, and not me soliciting them, so they are already interested in my company.

Jpocket
03-04-2006, 11:06 PM
Bump>>>>>>>>>>>>

olderthandirt
03-04-2006, 11:16 PM
I am bidding on a large County contract, and they gave me a Bid sheet. It's just mowing, and they have all of there terms and conditons listed as normal. My question is...the way it's worded they make it sound like they want me to take all of thier terms and put them in my contract. the sheet kinda contradicts it's self B/c it then says they will assume all terms will be complied with and will be considered as part of the Proposal.

This Bid sheet is alittle more than im used to, because all of the Commercial/Institutional accounts that I have, allow me to submit a bid with my terms and conditions. So im not used to such a detailed list of someone elses terms.

Im asking all of the seasoned veterans on this one, if you don't know please don't respond. Thanks no offense

The bid sheet and the proposal should be the same except for price per wk or per mow on the proposal as opposed to 28 wks mowing on the bid. You have there proposal? fill in the blanks with your prices and according to what the bid requires. If you have to make your own proposal form then just follow what the bid says. As Mike says you won't get them to sign yours so they should have supplied you with one of there proposal sheets

Jpocket
03-04-2006, 11:39 PM
The bid sheet and the proposal should be the same except for price per wk or per mow on the proposal as opposed to 28 wks mowing on the bid. You have there proposal? fill in the blanks with your prices and according to what the bid requires. If you have to make your own proposal form then just follow what the bid says. As Mike says you won't get them to sign yours so they should have supplied you with one of there proposal sheets

Thanks sooo much this is what I thought, but again I have never encountered this type of spec. sheet.

How exact and word for word does it have to be? Instead of "The Contractor" can I say: "We will furnish equipment and labor" ?

Jpocket
03-04-2006, 11:42 PM
Oh and I don't have a business E-mail Address and it's on the front info sheet for me to fill in. I don't think they will be that anal.

MMLawn
03-04-2006, 11:49 PM
Just use your personal email address then (or better yet set up a buisness email address through yahoo if you have too and don't have a business website and email). Yes though you will need the email address and it really isnt anal as we communicate with our initial government contracts via email about 90% of the time.

olderthandirt
03-05-2006, 12:10 AM
Thanks sooo much this is what I thought, but again I have never encountered this type of spec. sheet.

How exact and word for word does it have to be? Instead of "The Contractor" can I say: "We will furnish equipment and labor" ?

Use "contractor" when ever possable. You have to remember that the person opening and awarding these contracts most lickly has no idea what they are or where they are. So anything you can do to make it easier on them to understand will actually be helping you.

Jpocket
03-05-2006, 12:17 AM
Thanks alot Mac, where should I put my actual "Bid" or the price per cut, they don't have a place for that. The sheet is just all of the verbage that needs to be with the bid. I was thinking either right next to the clause about the acutal mowing itself or at the end.

MMLawn
03-05-2006, 12:22 AM
If they don't have a seperate bid sheet then I would attach a seperate sheet with my numbers....it will read better and look much more professional.

befnme
03-05-2006, 12:23 AM
jpocket you have a pm

olderthandirt
03-05-2006, 12:30 AM
Thanks alot Mac, where should I put my actual "Bid" or the price per cut, they don't have a place for that. The sheet is just all of the verbage that needs to be with the bid. I was thinking either right next to the clause about the acutal mowing itself or at the end.

Try both, a small one next to each job description and then a formal proposal with all the figures and a brief job descipt or ref. to the # of the job on the bid sheet. Grab there attention fast! Unless they specify what color pen to use or size of type be different and instead of black try red or dark blue. If it makes them spend an extra few seconds they "may" see something that sets your bid apart from the others and give it a more thorough look even if your not the lowest.

MMLawn
03-05-2006, 12:32 AM
'Cuse me a minute guys...

Hey MAC, the back keeping you away from Bike Week this year?

olderthandirt
03-05-2006, 12:37 AM
'Cuse me a minute guys...

Hey MAC, the back keeping you away from Bike Week this year?

No, but some new work and building a new bike is keeping me from daytona, going to sturgis and in july gettysburg. I'll be down to see you this summmer so be prepared :drinkup:

Jpocket
03-05-2006, 12:37 AM
I was just going to re-type it all with my letter head and my price. the only thing there is to fill out is my company name address phone # and e-mail.

the sheet I have is just a list of their terms and conditions.

MMLawn
03-05-2006, 12:42 AM
I'll be down to see you this summmer so be prepared :drinkup:

COOL! Don't bring any money for while you are here cause it won't be any good! :drinkup:

befnme
03-05-2006, 12:52 AM
COOL! Don't bring any money for while you are here cause it won't be any good! :drinkup:

dang in that case im comin too.....lol:laugh:

Jpocket
03-05-2006, 01:20 AM
Bump////////////

befnme
03-05-2006, 01:43 AM
Bump////////////

well did that help ?

Jpocket
03-05-2006, 10:13 AM
well did that help ?

Yes it did very much so thankyou again...I just want to see if I can dig up anymore of that knowledge if you know what I mean.

Kennedy Landscaping
03-02-2009, 11:16 PM
Sorry to bump an old thread but hey atleast I used the search feature. I need help on this too. I just have a sheet saying what all they want done. Any help is greatly appreciated.