PDA

View Full Version : Clover

erhager
03-04-2006, 09:59 PM
Hi, I am new here and was needing to ask a question. My lawn care man sprayed Glyphosate, 2, 4-D Amine, and Simazine on my yard. Will that take care of clover that is already green and is it a pre-emergent for crabgrass also?

ArizPestWeed
03-04-2006, 10:01 PM
Yes and Yes .
Do you have a green or dormant lawn ?

erhager
03-05-2006, 12:42 AM
My Bermuda is still dormant. He sprayed on Tuesday Feb 28 and the clover doesnt look like it is discoloring or curling up.

ArizPestWeed
03-05-2006, 01:01 AM
I don't remeber if clover wilts or not with a 24d treatment .
If not , it will take 5 to 10 more days to notice a difference .
Wes the clover actively growing or was it dormont ?

erhager
03-05-2006, 01:54 PM
The clover was growing and starting to pop up throughout my front lawn. Never had a problem but my neighbor doesnt take care of his weeds and they are finding their way to my yard.

ArizPestWeed
03-05-2006, 02:40 PM
The clover was growing and starting to pop up throughout my front lawn. Never had a problem but my neighbor doesnt take care of his weeds and they are finding their way to my yard.
Are y'all not having a drought in OK land ?

Runner
03-05-2006, 03:32 PM
It should wilt shortly. When was the spray put down? It would of course work better if it had a spreader/sticker with it. Also,just out of curiosity,....what in the HELL did he spray glyphosate on your LAWN for? Or did I misunderstand, and he used the gly somewhere else? Now, light amounts of gly CAN be used as a growth inhibitor, but I sure can't see it being used at this time of year over there like that, - especially if he is trying to eradicate other things in there as well.

ArizPestWeed
03-05-2006, 05:02 PM
Well , with 24d most weeds wilt within hours , not all , though .
He may of used gly cuzz it had surfactant already in it

ThreeWide
03-05-2006, 08:16 PM
Glyphosate is sometimes sprayed on dormant Bermuda, though some are afraid to do it. I've only blanketed it a couple of times.

In any event, if he used an amine 2,4-d it will take a while to control clover depending on the temperatures. Also, if he didn't use a good surfactant, the clover may not absorb the chemical.

ArizPestWeed
03-05-2006, 08:37 PM
Glyphosate is sometimes sprayed on dormant Bermuda, though some are afraid to do it. I've only blanketed it a couple of times.

In any event, if he used an amine 2,4-d it will take a while to control clover depending on the temperatures. Also, if he didn't use a good surfactant, the clover may not absorb the chemical.
I have no problem spraying brown dormant Bermuda when the target is what ever is green