PDA

View Full Version : "another newbie"

high tides
03-04-2006, 11:08 PM
I am a Starbucks Coffee Manager "refugee" and am now on the verge on starting up my own lawn business. I have the opportunity to "test the waters" by using my neighbors Riding Mower + trailer (he's taking a break from the business) ... Its almost new (20 hours of usage) and is small to med. in size - he paid around $3800...

What is a fair price to pay him for 'renting' his mower ? Should I pay him a few $ by the hour since the mower display hours used ? THX !!!

KCLandscape
03-04-2006, 11:26 PM
Mow his yard for free, and put gas in his truck, and pay his power bill, and...

B&D Lawn Care
03-05-2006, 12:04 AM
Why don't ya try it for a few yards and see if that's what you really want to do?

MMLawn
03-05-2006, 01:22 AM
(he's taking a break from the business) ... Its almost new (20 hours of usage) THX !!!

That in itself speaks volumes! He is taking a "break" because he hasn't made any money. And only 20 hours of usage? That's less than One weeks work for even a very small part-timer....

PMLAWN
03-05-2006, 05:45 AM
That is a home owner mower, ( maybe a lawn tractor?)
Borrowing cheap equipment to do an expencive job is not wise.

Just start your own business. This is a business A REAL business,
If you want to test waters than test them the right way.

westwind
03-05-2006, 10:41 AM
That is a home owner mower, ( maybe a lawn tractor?)
Borrowing cheap equipment to do an expencive job is not wise.

Just start your own business. This is a business A REAL business,
If you want to test waters than test them the right way.

yes, this is exactly what i was thinking. nice post PM

nocutting
03-05-2006, 10:48 AM
yes, this is exactly what i was thinking. nice post PM
I'd give it a try, just to get my feet wet........But remember the mower is the most important piece of equipment.......even a WB w/a velky would probably blow a homeowners tractor away.....But hay if ya got an extra 10k to blow on a biz you have no experance in "GodBless You"........:usflag: